A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Heckenlively:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Heckenlively is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Heckenlively, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Color Vision Defects
- Eye Diseases
- Hereditary Optic Atrophies
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration
- Night Blindness
- Optic Atrophy
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Heckenlively graduated from University of Colorado, Denver. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Heckenlively has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- University of Michigan Health System
- Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Heckenlively accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- Humana - 12 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John Heckenlively practice?
Dr. John Heckenlively practices Ophthalmology near Ann Arbor, MI.
See Ann Arbor Ophthalmologists.