A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Heckenlively:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Heckenlively is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heckenlively
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Heckenlively Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Heckenlively, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Color Vision Defects
- Eye Diseases
- Hereditary Optic Atrophies
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration
- Night Blindness
- Optic Atrophy
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Heckenlively graduated from University of Colorado, Denver. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Heckenlively has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- University of Michigan Health System
- Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Robert Heckenlively MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John R. Heckenlively practice?
- Dr. John Heckenlively has 1 office location.
Dr. John Heckenlively practices Ophthalmology near Ann Arbor, MI.
See Ann Arbor Ophthalmologists.