A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Heckenlively:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Heckenlively is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heckenlively
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Heckenlively Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Heckenlively, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Color Vision Defects
- Eye Diseases
- Hereditary Optic Atrophies
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration
- Night Blindness
- Optic Atrophy
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Heckenlively graduated from University of Colorado, Denver. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Heckenlively has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- University of Michigan Health System
- Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Robert Heckenlively MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John R. Heckenlively practice?
- Dr. John Heckenlively has 1 office location.
Dr. John Heckenlively practices Ophthalmology near Ann Arbor, MI.
See Ann Arbor Ophthalmologists.