A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Helm:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Helm
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Helm Learn More
Education & Awards
Dr. Helm graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. Helm has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
- Bon Secours Depaul Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John W Helm MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 38 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine.
- Where does Dr. John W. Helm practice?
- Dr. John Helm has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Helm practices Family Medicine near Virginia Beach, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Portsmouth, VA.
See Virginia Beach Family Physicians.