Surgical Specialist

570 Long Point Rd
Ste 240
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
843-971-2860
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Breast Reconstruction  |  show details
by Dawn B on Dec 29th, 2013

I had breast reduction surgery performed by Dr. Hensel - the pathology came back with cancer. I had to have a double mastectomy with reconstruction and could not have asked for a better doctor. He along with his staff are the most caring people I have come in contact with. This was a shocking and life altering find but they helped me continue with a positive attitude. I would refer him to anyone that is looking for a doctor that actually cares about their patients not just the money to be made.

|  NOT HAPPY WITH DR. HENSEL!!!  |  show details
by Leslie on Sep 24th, 2013

I would NEVER let Dr. Hensel operate on me again. He talked me into getting implants and really messed up my body. My breasts are more lopsided than they were before and his staff, esp his wife are HORRIBLE!! When I needed post operative care, I felt abandoned and they didnt care. All they wanted was $$$.

|  Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2013

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hensel and his wife Michele, who scheduled my surgery. They understood that I wanted this asap and got me in the Friday before spring break!!! (2 weeks after scheduling appt) As a teacher, I was very appreciative! I love the way I look and his work is beautiful, especially compared to images of the work performed by other plastic surgeons. Thank You! I healed very quick too!!!!

|  A terrible, terrible, terrible doctor! Don't be fooled by their self-promotion.  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2013

Based on my experience and opinion, Dr. Hensel is a terrible doctor that shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine. He performed liposuction on my wife and the results are absolutely horrible! She now has to buy clothes to HIDE the poor work he performed! In addition, she had a breast augmentation and the scars are large and visible. Their staff is also very rude (especially his wife) and we often had to wait more than 1 hour past our appointment time to see Dr. Hensel. They also seem more concerned about selling you additional products (i.e., teeth whitening, skin care products, jewelry, etc.) than performing quality work. PLEASE do not be fooled by their constant self-promotion like we were. I am not sure how Dr. Hensel has repeatedly won "Charleston's Best Plastic Surgeon" but it is not due to the quality of his work in my opinion. I hope you don't make the same mistake we did. My advice? Find another plastic surgeon.

|  A PLASTIC SURGERY NIGHTMARE!  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2012

I am VERY disappointed with the results of my liposuction. Dr. Hensel took out way too much fat, leaving me with large divots on my thighs. I am now having to go to another doctor to try and fix Dr. Hensel's poor work. I would definitely NOT recommend going to Dr. Hensel. My experience with him has been an absolute nightmare!

|  lst Visit...Filler Special...Great Results  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2011

I'm very happy with my results. The Filler Special was a fabulous deal.

|  wonderful results  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2011

Great surgeon..

|  VERY BAD OFFICE STAFF  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2010

Dr. Hensel should kick her wife Michelle out of his staff, that may help his business. She is the worst unreliable person I have ever known. She never return your calls back WHAT SO EVER. I think because she thinks she is the "doctor's wife" she can treat people like they don't matter. AND WAITING: every time I go there I had to wait AT LEAST 90 minutes or so. One time I had to wait ALMOST 3 HOURS!!!! I am not joking 2 hours and 45 minutes.... DO NOT GO TO THEM

|  Tummy Tuck  |  show details
May 31st, 2010

BAD!! Left on vacation. Gave antibiotic I was allergic to. Could not get another antibiotic. Got infection. Had to go to hospital $3000!!!

|  Bonnie Hawk  |  show details
May 31st, 2010

Performed surgery and LEFT on vacation. Prescribed antibiotic that I am allergic to. Had to go to hospital ($3000) after 3 days. Developed infection because I had NO antibiotics!!! Hospital bill would have been much less had Dr. been available.

|  show details