Dr. John Hensel Jr Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. John Hensel Jr?

Didn't want to help

Posted on March 20th, 2017

I wanted liposuction on my stomach and ended up w very minimal results from cool sculpting

Aweful

Posted on April 24th, 2015

Worst plastic surgeon in the area! First beast augmentation/lift I had was totally messed up a month after surgery my breasts started dropping and rippling. Went and had a revision surgery I thought I loved it to begin with but now they're doing the same thing. The sad thing is they weren't even understanding.... Took forever to even get back to have a revision and is wide who does the finances is Is not a nice person to put it in nice terms... Literally had to fight to get them redo my surgery. Truly disappointed, such a waist of money!

not happy, miserable

Posted on June 25th, 2014

This Dr and Staff took little time in discussing size options with me. I was completely pushed into implants that were way too large. I am so miserable with this surgery. I also ended up with major scars, another thing we discussed. I told him the scarring was an issue for me and right before the surgery, he changed the way he was going to do the procedure. I am not sure what to say other than, this surgery turned out to be everything that I did not want it to be. It is a nightmare. Do not be fooled by the self promotion. I was bamboozled and it cost me in so many ways.

Jack of all trades, master of none

Posted on May 16th, 2014

Let's start from the beginning, before I even made it to the office the girl who scheduled the appointment demanded that I send pictures and get financing before I even came into the office. She then emailed me daily, harassing me to send pictures and get financed, I never even told her that I needed to be financed in the first place! They called me 3 times to confirm my appointment and then sent an email threatening to give my consultation appointment to someone on a "waiting list" if I didn't call to confirm the appointment that I had scheduled. I made the mistake of walking into Lowcountry Plastic Surgery looking for a plastic surgeon. I wasn't even sure I was in the right place because when you walk in you are greeted by the clothing boutique in the lobby. While I was waiting there were several people waiting to use Groupons for teeth whitening. I was taken on a tour where the nurse bragged to me about all the services that are offered, we walked past a few massage tables and even a sauna. Am I in a spa? a salon? or a plastic surgeons' office? As soon as I met the doctor he acted like he knew nothing about me and then took lots of pictures, so why the heck was it SO important for me to send pictures when he never even looked at them. When I am going to be handing over a ton of money expecting my body to look the way that I want, I expect a professional looking medical office and a friendly staff...not what I got.

Breast Reconstruction

Posted on December 29th, 2013

I had breast reduction surgery performed by Dr. Hensel - the pathology came back with cancer. I had to have a double mastectomy with reconstruction and could not have asked for a better doctor. He along with his staff are the most caring people I have come in contact with. This was a shocking and life altering find but they helped me continue with a positive attitude. I would refer him to anyone that is looking for a doctor that actually cares about their patients not just the money to be made.

NOT HAPPY WITH DR. HENSEL!!!

Posted on September 24th, 2013

I would NEVER let Dr. Hensel operate on me again. He talked me into getting implants and really messed up my body. My breasts are more lopsided than they were before and his staff, esp his wife are HORRIBLE!! When I needed post operative care, I felt abandoned and they didnt care. All they wanted was $$$.

Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy

Posted on April 11th, 2013

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hensel and his wife Michele, who scheduled my surgery. They understood that I wanted this asap and got me in the Friday before spring break!!! (2 weeks after scheduling appt) As a teacher, I was very appreciative! I love the way I look and his work is beautiful, especially compared to images of the work performed by other plastic surgeons. Thank You! I healed very quick too!!!!

A terrible, terrible, terrible doctor! Don't be fooled by their self-promotion.

Posted on February 5th, 2013

Based on my experience and opinion, Dr. Hensel is a terrible doctor that shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine. He performed liposuction on my wife and the results are absolutely horrible! She now has to buy clothes to HIDE the poor work he performed! In addition, she had a breast augmentation and the scars are large and visible. Their staff is also very rude (especially his wife) and we often had to wait more than 1 hour past our appointment time to see Dr. Hensel. They also seem more concerned about selling you additional products (i.e., teeth whitening, skin care products, jewelry, etc.) than performing quality work. PLEASE do not be fooled by their constant self-promotion like we were. I am not sure how Dr. Hensel has repeatedly won "Charleston's Best Plastic Surgeon" but it is not due to the quality of his work in my opinion. I hope you don't make the same mistake we did. My advice? Find another plastic surgeon.

A PLASTIC SURGERY NIGHTMARE!

Posted on April 10th, 2012

I am VERY disappointed with the results of my liposuction. Dr. Hensel took out way too much fat, leaving me with large divots on my thighs. I am now having to go to another doctor to try and fix Dr. Hensel's poor work. I would definitely NOT recommend going to Dr. Hensel. My experience with him has been an absolute nightmare!

lst Visit...Filler Special...Great Results

Posted on April 15th, 2011

I'm very happy with my results. The Filler Special was a fabulous deal.

wonderful results

Posted on February 19th, 2011

Great surgeon..

VERY BAD OFFICE STAFF

Posted on September 17th, 2010

Dr. Hensel should kick her wife Michelle out of his staff, that may help his business. She is the worst unreliable person I have ever known. She never return your calls back WHAT SO EVER. I think because she thinks she is the "doctor's wife" she can treat people like they don't matter. AND WAITING: every time I go there I had to wait AT LEAST 90 minutes or so. One time I had to wait ALMOST 3 HOURS!!!! I am not joking 2 hours and 45 minutes.... DO NOT GO TO THEM