A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hetherington:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Hetherington is Below Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hetherington
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Hetherington Learn More
Education & Awards
Dr. Hetherington graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Hetherington has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John R Hetherington MD is a male Ophthalmologist and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John R. Hetherington practice?
- Dr. John Hetherington has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Hetherington practices Ophthalmology near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Larkspur, CA.
See San Francisco Ophthalmologists.