A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hetherington:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Hetherington is Below Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hetherington
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Hetherington Learn More
Education & Awards
Dr. Hetherington graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Hetherington has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John R Hetherington MD is a male Ophthalmologist and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John R. Hetherington practice?
- Dr. John Hetherington has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Hetherington practices Ophthalmology near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Larkspur, CA.
See San Francisco Ophthalmologists.