Overall Review

November 1st, 2012
Showed caring and compassion
The doctor spent alot of time with me and the family going over the results of the labs and CT scan. He helped me make the best decision for my care.

July 2nd, 2012
I would run from this doctor!
He came across as arrogant and money hungry. Diagnosed me as needing emergency surgery for renal calculi, which I bought. Seriously, I have a well respected primary insurance which pays 90%, and this guy required his payment in full prior to an emergency surgery. Post surgery, he did not and would not prescribe pain medication even though I had a urethral stent placed during surgery which prompts unbelievable spasmatic urinary tract pain. After discharge from the emergency surgery with 4 hours of in hospital monitoring I ended up in the Emergency Dept. 2 days in a row getting IV Dilaudid to make the urinary stent pain bearable. I am happy for those patients that feel they have received good care from Dr. H, but my experience was very poor. And to top it off, Dr. H wanted to schedule me for yet another surgery to "clean my kidney of stones" so that I could be stone free for 1-2 years. I ran!

March 20th, 2012
Overall Bad Experience
This is the 1st internet survey I have completed in my life regarding any interactions with any businesses or individuals. My point being that I really felt compelled to voice my opinion. This visit was very unpersonable, unprofessional and uneducational as it related to process and procedures. Also, a level of arrogance filled the room as I was constantly cut short when replying to questions. Finally, the door was open and the Dr. was leaving before I was compoletely dressed and he never said this is the end of the exam, goodbye, see ya next time...nothing. He was in another patients room and gone before I exited the exam room.

May 8th, 2011
Relieved, repaired, and well cared for
I hope I don't have to see Dr. H. very often in the future (i.e., I hope I stay healthy), but I can honestly say he has been wonderful to me. Urological problems are a matter of considerable concern for men, obviously, and Dr. H. and Sandy (his PA) made my situation seem like nothing out of the ordinary, and well within their ability to rectify. It was very comforting. The only thing I wish Dr. H. had done differently would be to tell me in advance how long my convalescence would be - about a month until my surgical wound stopped draining. But in my experience all doctors who perform any type of surgery never tell the patient how bad their convalescence will be, and probably for good reason. If patients knew what to expect, probably many would not be brave enough to go ahead with the surgery they need. That was really not a big deal, though. I have absolutely no qualms about recommending Dr. H. to anyone who may be in need of his services.