Dr. John Hill MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 27th, 2014
Denied Treating Me for a Few Bucks
This Doctor clearly demonstrates that a few, marginal dollars of profit from only ONE visit is more important in his decision to treat me when compared to a competent doctors commitment to help someone, medically, whom is in need for help. As far as Code of Ethics goes, shame on this greedy doctor! The sad fact is, Dr. Hill still accepts my insurance. He will stop taking my insurance in One Month From Now. Today, I begged that he see me for an initial visit soon, while still taking my insurance. From there, I told them that I would continue seeing Dr. Hill, paying THEM FULL PRICE OUT OF POCKET. I explained that, for the future follow-up appointments, I would file the "out of network" claim, so I can get reimbursed 50% from my insurance company (per the out-of-network terms for my insurance). They still refused to see me for an initial appointment utilizing my, soon-to-be-unaccepted, insurance. Sadly, it was purely a MARGINAL money decision. I was insulted and now have to continue calling around for a Psyc that will accept new patients. What an insult. Dr. John Hill should be embarrassed of himself.

July 2nd, 2014
Manager
Dr. Hill made the claim he "prescribes drugs, he doesn't evaluate patients". He leaves the evaluations to his therapists/ counselors. I saw him and then saw his counselor. He didn't bother to look at what the counselor said so effectively wasted my time and money. He also made a poor diagnosis of what ails me and prescribed both antipsychotic drugs and anti seizure drugs and I chose not to fill the prescriptions. I plan on seeing another Dr. And hopefully get a knowledgable professional that is interested in resolving my issue rather than prescribing drugs.

November 2nd, 2013
One size does NOT fit all.
Dr. Hill is kind of a condescending, creepy guy. For a mental health professional, he doesn't have a great grasp about how to talk to young children (or adults, for that matter; I mean, I can't say that for certain, because I was the parent and not the patient in this case, but both my son and I were anything but comfortable while we were talking to him). He kept assuring me that if we were to give me son medication for anxiety, they were "healthy, no more dangerous than vitamins," and encouraged me NOT to research or get a second opinion on how psychiatric drugs can affect a child's developing brain (especially a child who was making great strides with therapy alone; the appointment was made months before). He talked to me like I was stupid and talked to my 8-year-old like he was 2. If you have any other options, I'd recommend seeking them out.

May 15th, 2013
Staff is completely incompetent
Not once, but twice the office canceled my appointment with Dr Hill and didn't bother to call me and let me know. Of course they had another available appointment.... a full month later. I never even got to see Dr Hill because they are so terribly unorganized.

June 29th, 2016