A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hixson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Hixson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Hixson, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Complex Partial Epilepsy
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hixson graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Hixson has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John D Hixson MD is a male Neurologist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Neurology.
- Where does Dr. John D. Hixson practice?
- Dr. John Hixson has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Hixson practices Neurology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Neurologists.