Internists, Hospice & Palliative Specialist
2 Memorial Dr
Ste 220
Alton, IL 62002
618-474-1723
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Most caring doctor I have ever used.  |  show details
by Gary S. on Jan 9th, 2014

At 66 years of age, I have had several doctors over the years. He is the best I have ever had. He listens to you, and does not try to cut me off. He asks questions and really listens to me. He is so popular, he has to decline most requests for new patients. This is man that really cares about people.

|  You won't find better.  |  show details
by B Skinner on Mar 11th, 2013

After AMH ER rent a doc told me I was having an anxiety attack and sent me on my way, he refused their diagnosis and discovered I had immediately life threatening pulmonary embolism in both lungs even though initial ER bloodwork did not indicate this. He thinks outside the box and listens to his patients. For 3 years he researched and referred me to more than a dozen other Specialists until one finally discovered the reason for my suddenly declining health in my 40s. She worked with Dr. H to develop a treatment plan. 7 years later I have moved 1000 miles away and still travel back for my appointments. You won't find better than Dr. Hoelscher.

|  C. Swanson  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Hoelscher for 7 years now. You won't find anyone that handles his patients any better. Spends the time with you that you need. He's not always available to see you on short notice, but his assistants are also excellent.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Hoelscher if and when he has any openings. I have always felt he LISTENS to me and asks questions to get information needed to diagnose my symptoms.He is very professional and concerned. I do feel sometimes he is under a time schedule because has so many patients and is a little sidetracked. I think he is schedule is sometimes too tight.

|  show details
Apr 25th, 2010

Dr. Hoelscher is a professional, caring, thorough physician.I feel lucky to have him as my doctor for all these years, as his practice is full.

|  Wow! Great doctor!  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2009

Dr. Hoelscher is the most caring and capable physician I've ever met.