Overall Review

May 24th, 2016
it would be difficult to find a better primary care GP
a caring, listening doctor that takes as much time as you need, and quick to respond to find a medical solution. very easy to talk to, and don't let his casual manner fool you... this is one smart doctor! very little escapes his observations. you would be lucky if he agrees to be your physician.

February 8th, 2016
New patient review
I recently had an appointment with Dr. Homan. Dr. Homan was highly recommended. From the first call I had to the office, the staff was not informative. I had wanted a new patient physical. When I arrived at my appointment Dr. Homan was unaware why I was there. He was frustrated that I had not had blood work completed before the appointment. The staff never told me to have any blood work done beforehand. The Dr. just assumed I had made a mistake. When I had my blood drawn that morning it was done professionally. The results came back within two days. After the results were emailed to me, I called the office. I had wanted to know why some of the numbers were abnormal. The only response I received was a voice mail telling me to disregard the numbers. I sent an email to the doctor, received no response. Dr. Homan seems very knowledgeable, so it is disappointing about my experience. Perhaps if you have been a patient for years the office may have better followup. I will have to find a new doctor.

February 8th, 2016
Uniquely good for older folks
My husband and I sought Dr. Homan out for his expertise in geriatrics. While he practices general medicine and would make a fine family doctor, he was particularly good for my aging husband towards diagnosing and referring to specialists when necessary. He is pleasant, questioning, and spends all the time you need with you, and he honors appointments--doesn't overbook. I unhesitatingly recommend him.

March 12th, 2015
Always friendly and professional
DR Homan has been my doctor for 10 years. He is always amazing, personable, professional.

January 16th, 2015
Don't Waste your Time
Worse doctor experience in my lifetime. Spent 1 hour in the waiting room then 30 minutes in the patient room for 2 minutes with Dr Homan. Plus those "lovely" 2 minutes with him were spent in silence except the one phrase in which he pointed out the obvious to tell me I needed an MRI. Don't schedule appointments with this doctor unless your willing to waste hours of your life for nothing.

January 23rd, 2014
John saves lives!
I would tell my friend that if she did not feel well to go and see John to get better. I went for something I thought was simple and actually had high blood pressure. John saved my life and if you want a excellent doctor he will save yours.

May 31st, 2013
Awesome Doctor
Dr. Homan is by far the best doctor I've ever had. He is extremely patient and understanding. Dr. Homan also takes the time to research symptoms before ever handing a script. He is super intelligent and has a great sense of humor. I would highly reccomend him. I've referred several people to him.

May 27th, 2013
great doctor
Great doctor with a very busy schedule. Love that I didn't have to go to so many places for testings. They do ultrasounds and draw blood in the office. I had been having cramping on and off for a few days and was able to get in fairly quickly. I was surprised to have been diagnosed with a blood clot, but was grateful to be given samples of a blood thinner right in the office! Some of the office staffs are polite and helpful. Linda was great at drawing my blood (I've been poked many times before). She explained what blood testings Dr. Homan was ordering and made me feel assured. Dre was always kind and smiled when bringing me back. What I didn't like was hearing one of the staff on her cell phone and talking in Spanish (that's pretty rude in front of patients). She was very unprofessional after taking a difficult call, slamming the phone down, and cursing. I think if there were new patients, they probably wouldn't come back with a service like that. Overall, he is one of the best doctor I've had.

January 29th, 2013
Long Time Family Physician
I feel like I have "known" Dr. Homan (and his staff) most my adult life even though he only became our family physician 25 years ago. Since then, at one time ,he has been by the bedside l of every member of my family when hospitalised,showing concern and caring. He listens and quietly absorbs information, researching options and asking questions. He's a unique individual who has continued to seek education in many fields beyond Internal Medicine and welcomes us every visit,no matter the reason for the appointment. His front office supervisor, Patty,has been with him for decades and I find that consistency reassuring when it comes to understanding appointments, insurance, and prescription refills. I admit that I have a phobia of doctors but a visit to Dr. Homan is always filled with some interesting nuances into diagnostics - and I'm guaranteed to leave with a smile. Can't beat that in this current world of medicine!

January 29th, 2013
Great doctor
Staff is great. Doctor is professional with a good sense of humor. I would recommend him to anyone.

August 2nd, 2012
Dr Homan is one of the best around.Thanks for everything John.

July 26th, 2012
Dr Homan knows his stuff. Patty at front desk rocks if she quit the office would be in dire need. The rest of staff depended on the visit, day some visits they were nice (hot) some days(not) since I live in La taking the time to visit I expect to feel comfortable the very best. Overall good for someone like me that doesn't even go to a doctor or ever wants to see one but has to. Dr Homan is a good doctor who is caring