inactive

John T Houston MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 29th, 2016
Amazing doctor. Dr. Houston is great and very reassuring. He was wonderful with my son.

September 17th, 2013
Mother
Have you seen the movie Gifted Hands? Dr. Houston is the local urology equivalent. I am a terrible critic of doctors, before finding Dr. Houston we took our baby to almost every major hospitals' urological physicians groups in the Chicago area. Nobody compares. How blessed we are to have him. I am sickened to read the previous complaints about Dr. Houston's scheduling. If you are seeking a factory style doctor who stays prompt by limiting/rushing their care, consider the best interest of your child. Know that when you go to Dr. Houston you are working with a genius. Sure his appointments may run late, but know that this is because he is fully committed to every patient and leaves no stone unturned in their care. Sometimes our wait was a few minutes, but never unreasonable. As you wait, know you and your child are about to receive the same extraordinary level of care another scared parent is in the process of receiving. Or maybe Dr. Houston is running longer than expected in surgery on a child and making sure that everything is perfect for that child. Wouldn't you want him to spend extra time with your kid to make sure they are perfect too? It's worth waiting for! Dr. Houston saved my baby's life. I thank God for him every day. No other doctor was willing to help us due to the risk. Dr. Houston immediately stood up to the challenge and now our baby is a perfectly healthy pre-teen living a great pain-free life full of fun and sports. We have referred friends to Dr. Houston who praise him as well. We have met many many doctors, but never have we met another doctor with this incredible level of knowledge, wisdom, skill, confidence, tenacity, courage, compassion, communication, commitment, love for his patients, dedication, passion, morals, ethics, thoughtfulness, follow through, understanding, and overall genius. Thank God we have this man! I trust no other doctor as I trust Dr. Houston. My only complaint is that he doesn't treat adults. I put my beautiful baby's life in his hands with complete trust knowing that as my baby was being rolled away into the OR, he would be fixed and returned to me in perfect condition. It has been many years now and no other man stands closer to God in my eyes. He is our hero, he gave my baby life, a life without any more pain.

October 26th, 2012
Stay away...
Don't fall for his soft spoken demeanor. He is always behind schedule every visit! With a baby <1yr old, I had to wait from 6am til 4pm without being able to feed him because dr Houston was running so late with his cases! After discussing with nurses in the preop area, it turns out he overbooks his OR time and takes extremely long to do simple straight forward cases. He took 3 hrs to do a circumcision!! I mean come on! How do you expect to keep a baby for so long without being able to feed him? He may sound nice, but avoid at all costs unless you are guaranteed the 1st OR spot. Even then I wouldn't go back to him.

September 13th, 2012
Worth the wait
Dr. Houston is the best at what he does. We went to him for a circumsion revision, being that it was not done properly when my son was born. Dr. Houston was able to fix our son's very unfortunate situation. He was very kind and reassuring throughout the whole process. He is very good at what he does, and is well worth the wait. His appointments do run very behind but that is because of the time and attention he gives to his patients and their families. I would highly recommend him and will use him in the future if I am blessed with another boy- would never let an ob circumsize a child of mine again- its like going to a podiatrist for an eye surgery, makes no sense!

April 10th, 2011
The best urologist in the Chicago area
Dr. Houston took my medical condition very seriously, un like other urologists. I was on and off antibiotics for a few years until I found dr. Houston. He addressed my issue right away... I had several tests done followed by a procedure and within a couple months I was all fixed. Seeing him was a life changing experience. with him, there was no waiting, just execution. he made sure I would get in to see him no matter what even if it was at a different location. My other urologists would make me wait weeks until I would have tk go to the ER for another kidney infection. thank you dr. Houston !

December 6th, 2010
Horrible! always running late, i have to wait 3 hours even after my appointment was moved to a later time. The staff does not help at all! Do not go there. I do not recommend him.