Dr. John Hovorka MD Patient Reviews

September 3rd, 2015
Great dr saved my leg

February 5th, 2014
teacher
Dr. Hovorka is one of the best doctors, if not, the best of them all with a real interest in his patients and a passion which he implicitly demonstrates when he goes the extra mile to provide the most promising treatment possible. Moreover, he might seem a bit eccentric to the new patient, however that is due to his professional insight to the ailment presented by the patient but relax, he knows better. Nevertheless, his ability and professionalism cannot be questioned because the infirm do get healed as I can attest. In addition, I can state that his motivation is not directed by self-interest nor personal gain but, to attempt to bring healing to his patients; money is not his motivation to bring healing for his patients as unfortunately, it is for many doctors. It has been over three years since Dr. Hovorka performed surgery on my leg—DVT which inflicted profound damage to my foot, fortunately a nurse—Norma, introduced me to him and here I am…doing great on my feet. If you read this Dr. Hovorka, I share my testimony with those I see with foot or leg difficulties because I know you are an outstanding doctor. I never told you that your comforting words "amputation is the last resort”, gave me much comfort when others had written me off and I thank God and you for saving my foot on that day. See you and your exceptional staff soon.

April 9th, 2012
The best surgeon in McAllen
Dr. Havorca is bar none the best surgeon in the valley, yes he is a litle bit difficult to undertand, but he truly cares about his patients, my mother was very sick and Dr. H. was having dinner with some friends, he left the restaurant and came to my house at 10:30 PM to follow up with my mom and next day had her admitted to the hospital. Today my mother is doing much better, thanks to the REAL care provided by Dr. Hovorka, I hope people take notice on this awesome surgeon.

October 19th, 2011
Dr. Hovorka, one caring doctor out to help humanity.
Dr. Hovorka is one of the best doctors out there. He might lack in social skills but his ability is unquestionable--he knows what needs to be done and will not allow anyone tell him "no" when it comes to caring for his patients. He actually does care about those he sees--his care is "down home" when it comes to care and helping his patients heal; he will order anything that will make life better for the sick. Trust him, he knows best because his interest it to help not out for the money as most doctors are greedy and uninvolved. He saved my foot after four different doctors (even my primary) all said to have my foot amputated while Dr. Hovorka said "no" and saved it. Today, I am able to walk and run if I like to.Please don't get any amputations done without asking Dr. Hovorka to see you first; he is "amputation is the last resort" kind of doctor we all need.

April 24th, 2010
i was seen 3yrs ago with terrible leg cramps, bad venus flow, blood clots and very swollen legs and ankles. i was wearing size ll shoes. after dr. horvorka treated me for my problems my swelling has gone down, blood is excellent and i am back to wearing size 9 shoes again. if i had waited six more months longer i would have lost my right leg. dr. h. is the best in his field.

April 14th, 2009
Patiet
I couldn't find a better doctor for my mothr regarding her varicose veins. He is a very carig doctor and cares alote for his paitent. As well as for his staff that work with him are the most caring staff.

June 14th, 2017