A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Howar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Howar
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Howar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Howar, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Howar graduated from University of California at San Francisco.
Dr. Howar has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St Benedict's Family Medical Center
- Magic Valley Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John W Howar MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 38 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John W. Howar practice?
- Dr. John Howar has 1 office location.
Dr. John Howar practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Twin Falls, ID.
See Twin Falls Orthopedic Surgeons.