Overall Review

3.0

no change

January 19th, 2016
He's my husband's dr he likes him very well

October 2nd, 2015
Undiagnosed
Dr. Huffer himself was nice. Luckily I have good insurance. The procedures were very expensive for what they were. 500.00 Ultrasound, 500.00 urinary flow tests, and the scope , well, it was very high. So roughly 2000.00 for 15 minutes. That would be about 8000.00 an hour. I understand about overhead, but to not get a diagnosis and to not be told he would look into it.....not impressive. He did seem concerned about my condition, but when I told him I had pain he dissuaded it. Told me I shouldn't have pain. Just wish Doctors would try to really help people without people spending tens of thousands of dollars just to get a diagnosis.

March 3rd, 2015
great doctor and staff
Not sure what the other posters are whining about. I was able to call and have an appointment the same day. Talked with both the assistant and Doctor Huffer. Both were professional and accurate in diagnosis and flexible in adjusting to my schedule in order to make the surgery happen. I hope I don't need to go back in the future but I would choose this office first.

December 10th, 2014
My mother has kidney problems and used to see this doctor until she ran into hardship, after she straightened everything out she was seen in the ER one evening and being that Dr. Huffer is the only urologist in Fairbanks they called him and he stood there in the room and asked my mother what she wanted him to do about it, and that she should learn to pay her bills, this was completely out of line and disrespectful. His office receptionist is rude and on several occasions my mom has been hung up on, she called begging to be seen to prevent her from having to quit her job and they couldn't have cared less and refused to give her an answer on whether they would see her or not. Now that it is 4 months later she called to get a letter stating they wouldn't see her so she could be seen in anchorage by her new urologist and they deny anything of that happening, she now has to see this doctor that she wouldn't trust with her life all because they wouldn't give her the letter. They are rude, disrespectful, and only worried about how they are getting their money and they definitely make you feel like your health doesn't matter, If you can I would recommend going to anchorage! 1 star is more than we would give but we had to put something there

May 30th, 2014
Horrible physician. If you value your Heath, go to Anchorage. Nurse is rude and so is receptionist who is inappropriate. Money is their only interest, not you.

February 1st, 2013
My son had an involved surgery in a delicate area. Dr. Huffer put him at ease and took the time to explain the surgery in depth. He was willing to work around his school schedule. His staff contacted our insurance company about coverage, and reported back to us on their findings. No surprises.The day of his scheduled surgery Dr. Huffer performed the same surgery before us that ran longer than anticipated, so my son's surgery had to be re-scheduled. This was an inconvenience for everyone but I was impressed that he was honest enough to share with us that he wasn't willing to rush through the other person's surgery. Dr. Huffer and his staff made every effort to get my son rescheduled the following week, again working around his schedule. The surgery went very well and we couldn't be happier with the level of professionalism and care we received. Yes, we have insurance, but we still have to pay. I really don't understand how individuals such as the other reviewer think that a doctor can operate a practice without knowing how they're going to get paid for his work and it's not like if you don't pay them they can do anything other than take you to collections for a fraction of the fee. The surgery prior to my son's proves that every human body is not the same, unlike a car or piece of machinery. Can you imagine if Dr. Huffer had quoted a price and then the surgery was more involved. I want a doctor that is going to take the time to do what needs to be done rather than one that is willing to give me a quote. I'm so sick of people thinking that the doctors should give them something for nothing! These are skilled professionals that have spent thousands of hours in classes and hundreds of thousands of dollars to get trained to cut into your body. Really do you want a "deal" for that? I don't feel Dr. Huffer's fees are unreasonable, for the services he performs and we are lucky to have someone of his expertise in Fairbanks, AK.

June 30th, 2012
no insurance
if you don't have insurance save yourself the trouble and stress of this money grubbing doctor and his inconsiderate receptionist. they are more concerned on how your going to pay him than with your health. this of course may be different for those who do have insurance to bilk. they insist that you pay before you leave but cannot tell you what that may be before you go in.