A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hughes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hughes
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Hughes Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Hughes, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Hughes graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.
Dr. Hughes has 5 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Illinois Medical Center At Chicago
- Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Russell Hughes MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John R. Hughes practice?
- Dr. John Hughes has 1 office location.
Dr. John Hughes practices Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Psychiatrists.