Dr. John Hurley Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 20th, 2016

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hurley. He scoped my knee 10 years ago to repair a torn miniscus and I've had no subsequent issues. I suspect some of the Hurley haters out there didn't do their rehabilitation. That's imperative to having a favorable outcome.

January 13th, 2015

Bottom line...fixed my shoulder and did a great job!

March 23rd, 2013

Most Special Experience with a doctor in my life

I saw Dr. Hurley for what I later learned by TESTS was osteoarthritis. Dr. Hurley looked at me and told me my knee pain was because I had had children, and what I had was a "women's condition." There was no treatment or cure, and really nothing wrong, just the fact that I was a woman who had had children who must live with my "imagined" knee pain. And I am so thankful that I had to wait well more an hour for this diagnosis, and pay a copayment as well.

October 11th, 2012

Smashed clavicle left sholder

I was reading some of the comments regarding this ODctor and i really can't believe them. I went to him after an accident in Florida left me with a totally destryed clavicle and shoulder. I truly did some home work before going to John. Thinking back to the other surgeons I interviewed whose thoughts on this type of surgery were from another era I thank God I found him. I am an older active man, golfer,tennis player and one of my concerns was that I could keep my sports life. He told me I would never be like before but I might approach 96/97%. My recovery and therapy was not easy and I was yelled at by him like a child(for raking leaves and possibly destroying his work), but this guy is on the money. I am playing in a competitive golf in a league and can still play a set or two of single tennis. This is 4/5 years after the surgery.

June 13th, 2012

Biggest mistake of my life!

Long waits, poor post-op care which you have to fight to be seen. After 10 weeks post-op I am in worse shape than before seeing Dr. Hurly. I continue to have fluid accumulation, pain and swelling in my knee. I was told I would be able to play tennis 6-8 weeks after surgery, I can't even walk more than 1-2 blocks without having to stop from pain. I am now on continuous antiflammatories, have to limit my life and activities thanks to this surgery. Like a previous comment I had some arthritis in my knee which should never have been operated on and now Dr. Hurly states that I need a knee replacement. I would have been fine I know learn if I rested my knee and gone to physical therapy rather than have surgery. The surgery just progresses arthritis which a Dr. Of Hurly's experience would know. Since I have good insurance his practice could get two surgeries out of me instead of one. I now have to be a patient until the day I can know longer live this disabling pain and get a knee replacement which after my per-op visit I was assured I would be able to play tennis again and go back to my normal life. I would never recommend this Dr. To anyone.

December 14th, 2011

Terrible getting appointments

I called to schedule an appointment. After answering a phone questionnaire, I was told they would call me back to let me know if the doctor would meet with me. After waiting 2 days, I had to call everyday for the next 5 days for them to actually schedule an appointment with me. That appointment was for 15 business days later! Terrible. I have never had such an awefull experience just to make an appointment. I went to a different doctor.

September 8th, 2011

Meniscal tear surgery

It has been a year since my meniscus tear surgery done by Dr. Hurley. At the moment I have no issues with my knee at all. Highly recommended.

October 2nd, 2008

He cared more about his reputation, I just want it fixed right.

He called to tell me he never had to re-do a surgery before me. This tells me he's worried more about his reputation than the patient's pain. He keeps me in a sling for 6 months which caused my other arm to be overused and re-tear also. This is my fifth time of re-tears rotator cuffs surgery. Do you think he'll get it right this time? I don't want to undergo any more surgeries. P.S. I don't have disconnective tissue disease, diabetes, and was tested for numerous other problems of which came out negative. Therefore I have no other recourse than to blame the doctor who thinks everyone fits his textbook example. Only time will tell after my surgery. I'll let you know.

February 12th, 2017