A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hughes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Hughes is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Hughes, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Hughes graduated from University of South Florida Health, Tampa. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Hughes has 6 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- Ben Taub General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John I Hughes MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John I. Hughes practice?
- Dr. John Hughes has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Hughes practices Gastroenterology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Gastroenterologists.