A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Hughes is Excellent. Dr. Hughes has been reviewed by 3 patients who have provided 2 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Hughes, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Hughes graduated from University of South Florida Health, Tampa. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Hughes has 7 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- Ben Taub General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hughes accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Hughes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John I. Hughes practice?
Dr. John Hughes practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Internists and Houston Gastroenterologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Van Hughes, Dr. Deshawn Hughes, Dr. Jan Hughes, Dr. Hank Hughes, Dr. Shayne Hughes, Dr. Shane Hughes, Dr. Jackie Hughes, Dr. Giovanni Hughes