Dr. John Ironside MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Little Rock, AR

3.9

February 20th, 2017
GREAT PERSON. GREAT DOCTOR
I have read the reviews here and I would like to say, he is very patient, understanding, and overall pleasant. He has listened to what I say and I must say, I am fully impressed. I have not waited more than 5 minutes for an appointment after my arrival. As a matter of fact, today I was 15 minutes early and I went straight back. I am glad he is my neurologist.

October 20th, 2016
Wonderful
I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. I would recommend him to famply amd friends. Thank you Dr. Ironside

July 5th, 2016
Dr Ironside is ALWAYS on time; yet, I have never felt rushed during an appt. He listens to questions and answers those questions without being condescending, which is refreshing. He has been good about discussing with me options for treating a difficult medical condition. He was an effective advocate when (an unaffiliated) hospital about to do an MRI on my brain repeatedly messed up his orders. He is blunt, but that is fine. I appreciate that. I want to be treated like an adult, get the information I need and get out of the doc's office. I do not leave his office confused or with unanswered questions. There is no magic cure for my medical condition. Dr Ironside is quite competently helping me monitor and deal with it, which is what I need and all I really can ask. He is not going to host a pity party for me. I think I would lose it if I ever went into his office and said that my lot in life was sad and he agreed. That's not to say he does not inquire about my "mental state" at my appts. He does regularly ask how I am feeling, because people with my condition do get depressed. I just appreciate the fact that he is not encouraging me to be despondent. He is appropriately humorous and seems not to be easily shocked. Various indignities accompany my condition. A little humor here and there when discussing those indignities is nice. He is a great doc.

June 28th, 2016
Dr. Ironside was great. He took the time to explain everything to me. I left there feeling like he cared.

January 13th, 2016
After not hearing from Dr Ironside for several weeks after dad's test I called for results. The nurse was very rude and told me they did not call because the test were normal and the doctor planned to discuss them at dad's three month follow up. I reminded him they did not set dad for a three month follow up. When we finally got back in to see him Dr Ironside "had not seen the results" and ask us what test dad had. He motioned for dad to walk 20 feet down the hall to prove his point that dad "showed no symptoms" even after we repeatedly tried to tell him the balance problems and foot drop are after exertion. He literally waved his hands in the air and said "see, no symptoms. I'll see you back in six months unless you develop new symptoms. At this point I turned to dad and told him "it's ok dad, we don't have to come back here." I let our heart doctor know of the terrible bedside manner and lack of interest, respect and healthcare. He said it was not the first time he'd heard this and promptly get dad set up with another neurologist. Hopefully our new doctor will be interested enough to find out what is happening with dad so he can get back to living the life he deserves. My advice is not to waist your time with this doctor

July 28th, 2014
DO NOT SEE THIS DR P PLEASE!
I have seen this Dr several times and, he has very rude bed side manners and, does NOT listen to your concern and, also cuts you off ALL the time while trying to answer the question he just asked you. I just recently was referred back to this Dr because my problems are coming back very bad this time and, this was the fastest one my Dr could get me into. So, I said, it's been about a year in a half since I've seen him and, maybe he won't be so bad when he sees how bad I've got. The nurse called to make an appointment and, they told her even though I have been there before, it's been awhile and, I have to start all over as a new client and, we will mail her the paper work and, we can make her an appointment for around 6-8 weeks from now. The nurse said please ma'am, she really really needs to be seen ASAP it's very important that she is seen as soon as possible. And, they still would not do I it. So, I waited 7 weeks for my appointment, the Dr came in the room and, he said it's been awhile since you have been here, what's going on? And, as I'm telling him everything that's been going on and, I'm looking for my last MRIs that show CSF and 3 bulging disk in my neck and all of my back problem that another Dr had requested before he moved so I could so him, he said, I don't care about those MRIs from 3 years ago and, I don't think you have MS either. You do show a lot of the signs of it but, you don't have it and, I'm not testing you for it. I said could you please give me an updated neck, back and head MRI? And he said no. I'll do a brain scan, eeg and draw blood and see you in a month. So, my problems have gotten worse, I'm having seizures again but, I have an appointment with another neurologist I used to see and he's very carrying. But, PLEASE DO NOT SEE DR IRONSIDE. HE WILL NOT LISTEN OR HELP AND JUST WANTS MONEY AND IT'S SAID BECAUSE HE JUST WASTED MY TIME AND I'M TRYING TO GET BETTER AND NOT PLAY GAMES.

November 5th, 2010
The Worst Doctor ever
My Father 86 years old and my 83 years old Mother was 10 minutes late and were not allowed to see the Doctor. My Father fought in WWII. He worked his whole life to support his family and man of Honor, Respect and dignity. This Doctor is Arrogant, Pretension Rude man. Enough said. You will get better service from any other doctor

February 4th, 2009
Office staff was hard to communicate with. Did not return calls in timely manner or respond to pharmacy for refills. Dr Ironside was great - hopefully his move to LR Diag CLinic will improve staff issues.

June 26th, 2008
brings his own patients back from waiting room! on time ...sometimes early! compassionate and caring