A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Irving:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Irving is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Irving
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Irving Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Irving, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Irving graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Irving has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Hospital Of St Raphael
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John F Irving MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 29 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John F. Irving practice?
- Dr. John Irving has 11 office locations.
Dr. John Irving practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery near Milford, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Hamden, CT and Branford, CT.
See Milford Orthopedic Surgeons and Milford Surgeons.