A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Irving:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Irving is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Irving, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Irving graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Irving has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Hospital Of St Raphael
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Francis Irving MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 28 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John F. Irving practice?
- Dr. John Irving has 5 office locations.
Dr. John Irving practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery near New Haven, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Hamden, CT and Milford, CT.
See New Haven Surgeons and New Haven Orthopedic Surgeons.