Dr. John Issa Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Issa?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. John Issa?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 1st, 2017

Helpful in hospital

Dr. Issa was the assigned hospitalist for my mother at Memorial hospital. He was caring and helpful as well as on top of her condition. He assisted in placing her into a fantastic short term rehab.

July 27th, 2016

No returned calls or clear diagnosis

Dr Issa would not return any phone calls and spent about 1 minute with my father while in the hospital. He walked into my father's hospital room and told him the MRI was negative then turned around and walked out. My father is 86 years old and was on heavy pain medication. We never got an actual diagnosis on my fathers severe pain. Issa told my father he had vertigo. My father could not even sit up in bed and a discharge person came in saying Issa is sending him home with my 80 year old mother. He never bothered to speak with any of us or listen to any of our questions and concerns. This doctor clearly walks into patients rooms, checks it off his list and collect his money. He is the most uncaring, complacent doctor I have ever met. Luckily we fought to get my father into the acute care facility where he was cared for and given physical and occupational therapy he so clearly needed. We will never allow this doctor near our father again. Upon discharge, Issa sent a nurse in to ask my father what medications he will be needing when he leaves. Really?? Should the doctor be telling my father what he needs, not asking him? Unbelievable that this guy is even working in a hospital. Absolutely terrible experience with Dr John Issa. NEVER AGAIN

December 21st, 2014

poor bedside manner

He seemed rushed, and it was easy to see that he didn't want to be there. He visited me once a day for about 4 days, and he didn't spend more than 30 seconds with me each time. Definitely the worst bed-side manner I've ever seen.

April 23rd, 2014

My Mother's Death

DR Issa was the referred DR to care for my Mother in the hospital. He communicated with me ONCE over the phone and told me nothing I could understand. For the duration of her stay I did not see him nor did he speak to me again even tho I put in numerous calls for him and was told once by the nurse he was sitting right beside her and said to tell me he would call me back... he didn't. While my Mother's condition went from bad to worse and I frantically tried to get another DR put on her case there was no communication and the night she died I was actually told, by a nurse, she had improved to the point that she could well be off the ventilator the following morning and on the mend. Two hours later the call came she was dying. I got to the hospital too late to see her alive again. In reviewing her medical records later I discovered the last DR to examine my Mother entered "prognosis poor family needs to be talked to". This happened the same day she died. I have nothing good to say about the care this man gave my mother and actually feel he and others he had on her case were responsible for her death. I saw nothing of the kind, caring man the other post spoke of.

December 31st, 2009