Dr. John Itamura MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 30th, 2016
I'm 67 and Dr. Itamura hurt me worse than my degen dis has. I was scared to speak out until my grandson showed me all the other negative reviews (he's also typing for me, thank you Josh). I want to say that Dr. Itamura threatened me when I said he would not getta way this this by saying "No one will ever listen to an old cripple." I might not be a cripple if not for you Mr. Itamura!

October 30th, 2016
Dangerously incompetent
Most incompetent doctor ever seen. Injected a trigger point on the wrong side of my body and I was too ashamed by his constant verbal abuse to stop him. I have never felt so bad about myself.

May 20th, 2016
Go With The Best
No Better Shoulder/Upper extremity surgeon! Period.

April 23rd, 2016
The best reverse shoulder surgeon in So.Ca.. My therapists have many stories of how great this man is. He is a great asset to anybody with shoulder/elbow/wrist issues!

October 19th, 2015
Best doctor! He repaired my torn, broken and separated shoulder. My shoulder was a mess, but he fixed it. Also spotted that I had a broken foot... after the foot specialist told me I had a bad sprain. I can not say enough good things about Dr. Itamura. He is just the best...and a nice guy too!

September 30th, 2015
Wonderful, caring, honest & elite surgeon...Top of the Food Chain!
I had a gnarly displaced Ulna break. My Ulna started to touch my Radius, therefore leaving me with severe pain and then requiring a difficult Ulna re-break surgery. Started process at Cedar's w/Dr. David Kulber, who ordered a 'nerve conduction' test. We found out that when my bone broke & displaced...it had squashed a nerve. Dr. Kulber told me he would re-break it & that Dr. Miles Cohen would repair nerve damage. I had to wait 3 mnths for a surgery date that both Doc's had available. When the surgery date came, Dr. Kulber said 'I don't know if I can do this to you'. I sat there stunned as he hedged against performing the surgery I had scheduled for 3 months. I lost all faith in him. I immediately called Dr. Itamura & booked his 1st available appointment for 12/12...mind you it was mid August. I patiently waited for my appt & right from the start Dr. Itamura was so much more effective in every way than Dr. Kulber. Dr. Itamura was forthright & honest. He explained he would saw my Ulna in 2 places & inserted a titanium rod w/14 screws. He is a wonderful, caring surgeon & I would recommend him in a heartbeat. An absolute 'Blue Ribbon/5 Star Doctor.

June 14th, 2014
My husband and I are both physicians in San Diego and our 14 year old sustained a very bad elbow injury that included a fracture of his growth plate and a tommy john ligament injury. We searched for the finest elbow surgeon in California, which led us to Dr. Itamura at the Kerlan-Jobe Sports Medicine Clinic. He has his staff were amazing- our son had surgery and he and his staff took exceptional care of him. We are extraordinarily grateful not just for his surgical prowess but for his warm, humble and kind demeanor.

March 25th, 2013
This is a doctor who knows his stuff. Hard to get into as he only sees patients on Mondays n Fridays but he is worth the wait. He diagnosed my arm when no one else could. He will be doing my surgery and I'm sorry I didn't see him sooner. He spends so much time with you explaining everything. He showed me all my X-rays and made sure I understood everything . Great staff around him. If you want the best, he is it.

March 18th, 2013
Elbow: Dr. Itamura
Dr. Itamura is a great doctor who knows much on the elbow and shoulder. He is helping me find ways to heal my Osteochondritis Dissecans of the elbow. I highly recommend Dr. Itamura

July 6th, 2012
best shoulder surgeon
I had five prior shoulder surgeries. none went well. Dr. Itamura took over my care and corrected my shoulder problem. I am on my way to a full recovery

December 17th, 2010
No More Crooked Elbow
I had a Crooked Elbow and Dr. Itamura fixed it!!! I love Dr. Itamura...I wish that he could of been my nurse because he knows what he is doing in the medical world!!

December 16th, 2010
Shattered Elbow
Dr. Itamura put me back together again. The proof of success really is in the long term outcome of the surgery. 3 yrs later following a bicycle accident that shattered my left elbow and I'm as good as new. Never presumed 100% with a titanium plate required. But I'm at least 95% with full range of motion and no adverse weird after effects. I can do virtually anything I want again.