Dr. John Itamura Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Itamura?

Change your life for the worse

Posted on October 19th, 2017

Dr. Itamura so ripped and tore my shoulder muscles, etc. during a rotator cuff repair surgery that I still have pain 3+ years post surgery. I also cannot walk due to excessive numbers (12 total), and high dosages of the anesthesia drugs given to me for that surgery. I am now incredibly disabled because of what he did to me. Do NOT trust this doctor with your body or life. He will wreck you and deny it, leaving you to suffer the consequences of his actions for the rest of your life. Find a far more competent doctor. He has damaged many of his patients, especially the older ones as his attitude suggests that he discriminates against patients older than himself. He is far more careful and respectful of those younger than him -- so far.

Worst Doctor Ever!!

Posted on June 23rd, 2017

I had to wait 4 hours EVERY time I saw him. Then I'd only get a few minutes of his time. Ii now NEED a shoulder replacement cuz he wrecked my upper arm and shoulder muscles. I was given way too much anesthesia, and now can't walk. Yes, I've been crippled too, by this sorry excuse of a man. Stay away, unless you want to be hurt. He was also abusive. Could not have been a worse experience.

Brilliant doctor.

Posted on June 14th, 2017

I had problems with my broken wrist and got complexex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) and had problems with the swelling in my hand and the movement of my fingers. He was the only doctor that could help me and now I have full use of my fingers. I'm very grateful and thankful to him

Bad doctor all the way around

Posted on April 17th, 2017

I had to wait for 4 hours to see him for an initial consultation. Then when I finally did see him, all I got was 15 minutes of his time, if that. The consultation was so limited, that I knew that I'd wasted my time. I came away knowing nothing. Total waste!!

I wouldn't trust anyone else

Posted on April 6th, 2017

I had a rare traumatic elbow injury from a horse accident in South Africa. My elbow had violently dislocated and I had a vascular injury (occluded brachial artery). After seeing other highly regarded orthapedic surgeons, no one wanted felt equipped to do my surgery due to its complexity. Dr. Itamura and his staff got me in quickly for an evaluation and scheduled surgery immediately. He was confident, kind and professional. The surgery went better than I could have expected/such a huge relief to me and my family. If something went wrong I could have lost my arm. As a bonus, since he knew I was driving over an hour for all post-op visits he made sure I saw all the specialists I needed to in one visit. Highly recommend him (staff is magnificent too). For us it was worth the 70 minute drive and I'm so grateful to him for repairing my elbow.

You will not find a better Doctor or Surgeon

Posted on March 13th, 2017

Dr Itamura has cared for and treated me like he would treat his own family. Very honest and caring. My only regret that he wasn't the first surgeon that I was sent to repair a elbow fracture.I was finally referred to Dr I after multiple failed surgeries with the hope that he could repair the damage caused by the previous surgeries. The wait time has improved dramatically from previous years, but I would wait 10 hours everyday if it meant I would have the best surgeon in the country.

Very incompetent

Posted on January 1st, 2017

He botched my surgery, and blamed my problems with the anesthesia afterwards on my failure to follow the physical therapist's recommendations. That was not the problem. I had brain damage from the anesthesia. All around a very bad experience.

Posted on October 30th, 2016

I'm 67 and Dr. Itamura hurt me worse than my degen dis has. I was scared to speak out until my grandson showed me all the other negative reviews (he's also typing for me, thank you Josh). I want to say that Dr. Itamura threatened me when I said he would not getta way this this by saying "No one will ever listen to an old cripple." I might not be a cripple if not for you Mr. Itamura!

Dangerously incompetent

Posted on October 30th, 2016

Most incompetent doctor ever seen. Injected a trigger point on the wrong side of my body and I was too ashamed by his constant verbal abuse to stop him. I have never felt so bad about myself.

Amazing Doctor

Posted on June 29th, 2016

Go With The Best

Posted on May 20th, 2016

No Better Shoulder/Upper extremity surgeon! Period.

Posted on April 23rd, 2016

The best reverse shoulder surgeon in So.Ca.. My therapists have many stories of how great this man is. He is a great asset to anybody with shoulder/elbow/wrist issues!