A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Barry:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Barry is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Barry
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Barry Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Barry, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Barry graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Barry has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Joseph Barry MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John J. Barry practice?
- Dr. John Barry has 1 office location.
Dr. John Barry practices Psychiatry near Palo Alto, CA.
See Palo Alto Psychiatrists.