A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Barry:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Barry is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Barry
Depression Patient Education Visit our depression patient education guide to learn about mood disorder, medical conditions and symptoms of depression.Before Visiting Dr. Barry Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Barry, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Barry graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Barry has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Joseph Barry MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John J. Barry practice?
- Dr. John Barry has 4 office locations.
Dr. John Barry practices Psychiatry near Palo Alto, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Stanford, CA.
See Palo Alto Psychiatrists.