A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Callahan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Callahan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Callahan
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Callahan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Callahan, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Callahan graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Callahan has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Kaleida Health - Buffalo General Hospital
- Catholic Health System/Kenmore Mercy Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John J Callahan MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. John J. Callahan practice?
- Dr. John Callahan has 1 office location.
Dr. John Callahan practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand near Buffalo, NY.
See Buffalo Orthopedic Surgeons and Buffalo Surgeons.