A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Costello:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Costello is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Costello graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Costello has 12 hospital affiliations:
- St Elizabeth Medical Center
- Crouse Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Costello accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John J. Costello practice?
Dr. John Costello practices Ophthalmology near Oneida, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Rome, NY and Syracuse, NY.
See Oneida Ophthalmologists.