A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. JOHN GRIFFIN:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. JOHN GRIFFIN is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. JOHN GRIFFIN, MD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. GRIFFIN graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. GRIFFIN has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
- Sentara Bayside Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. GRIFFIN accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Sentara Health Plans - 1 plan
- Anthem - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. JOHN J. GRIFFIN practice?
Dr. JOHN GRIFFIN practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, General Practice, Surgery, and Vascular Surgery near Chesapeake, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Virginia Beach, VA and Norfolk, VA.
See Chesapeake Internists, Chesapeake Cardiologists, Chesapeake General Practitioners, and Chesapeake Surgeons.