A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John McCarthy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John McCarthy is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McCarthy
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. McCarthy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John McCarthy, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. McCarthy graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 1 awards.
Dr. McCarthy has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Riverside Regional Medical Center
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John J McCarthy MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John J. McCarthy practice?
- Dr. John McCarthy has 1 office location.
Dr. John McCarthy practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Williamsburg, VA.
See Williamsburg Orthopedic Surgeons.