Overall Review

3.9

March 31st, 2016
Man and Doctor extraordinaire
This man was incredible. His skills save my wife's life. My family owes him so much.

July 28th, 2015
One of the top two doctors I've been blessed to know, both professionally and as caring humans I believe to this day that Dr Murray has allowed me many more years of like (75 now) and I'll always be grateful for that

July 12th, 2013
A Thoughtful, Caring, Dedicated Doctor
I have read some of the other reviews, and after literally many years of seeing Dr. Murray, am surprised at a few of the comments about him "not caring." I respect the recipient/reviewer and their own experience, but given what I have seen John do versus other surgeons, this could not be further from the truth for me. He would show up early to work to fit me into his schedule for an urgent issue, he was the last surgeon making rounds every night in the hospital during one of my semi-regular stays due to ongoing chronic issues, ensuring he saw each and every one of his patients twice a day on his own (versus every other gastro Dr or surgeon whom I am aware of that leverages residents), and really showed a dedication towards seeing through to completion each and every procedure on his own. Having been under the constant care of nearly a half dozen different gastro surgeons in my lifetime, his own success record with me was nothing short of excellent, and as much as we like to think of medicine and doctors as a science, with surgery their is very much an art, of which Dr. Murray is a true Picaso and one of the finest you hopefully never have the privilege of working on you.

May 12th, 2013
Dr Murray
I followed Dr Murray to DHMC after being a patient of his at Lahey. I'm scheduled for my sixth abdominal surgery to continue my battle for normalcy after acute and chronic ulcerative colitis. I have a JPouch that is functioning well, the UC is behind me and if we can successfully close this recurring incisional hernia I'm a happy camper. I find Dr Murray a skilled, caring surgeon that always puts the patients interest first. I wouldn't go through this with anyone else, he has saved my life a few times now.

September 25th, 2012
on of the best
bright---caring--a fine healing professional--skilled surgeon--jj is the best

February 12th, 2011
Wonderful surgeon. Caring, calls to check on progress. Highly recommend!

September 21st, 2010
Gentle Doctor
Dr. Murray is a quiet man, so he may come across as not caring. But he is a smart, conscientious, outstanding surgeon who cares more than most.

April 6th, 2010
office visit
Dr Murray lacked empathy and compassion for me as a patient. He was inflexible. He lacked professional communication. I felt very uncomforable with his approach to my problem. He did not offer me relief of my symptoms and did not appear to care.

September 24th, 2008
One of the best!
I've been to other facilities in the Northeast and the Cleveland Clinic as well. This doctor is excellent!