A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. John O'Brien, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Diabetes Complications
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from University of Missouri at Columbia.
Dr. O'Brien has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Hospital and Medical Center
- St. Mary Mercy Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Joseph O'Brien MD is a male Internist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John J. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. John O'Brien has 7 office locations.
Dr. John O'Brien practices Gastroenterology near Livonia, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Farmington, MI and Southfield, MI.
See Livonia Gastroenterologists.