A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John O'Brien is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John O'Brien, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. O'Brien has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Hartford Hospital
- St Francis Hospital & Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Joseph O'Brien MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 43 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John J. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. John O'Brien has 4 office locations.
Dr. John O'Brien practices Orthopaedic Surgery near South Windsor, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Hartford, CT and Newington, CT.
See South Windsor Orthopedic Surgeons.