Dr. John Oconnor MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 24th, 2015
My knee and shoulder guy
I dislocated my kneecap 15 years ago and ended up seeing Dr O'Connor. He did the surgery to remove a bone chip and help the quad muscle pull the kneecap straight and it turned out perfect. I had no swelling in my knee the day after surgery and I was moving around on crutches without pain the next day. I've since moved so it's not convenient to see him but if I have a knee or shoulder issue, I make the drive. I just saw him for a shoulder issue and on the follow up after my MRI I mentioned my knee was a little stiff and even though I wasn't there for that he immediately did a knee exam to see what was going on. Since I'm going to PT for my shoulder he added on or for my knee too. Incredible doctor, great personality, easy to talk to and he listens, he really listens. The only drawback is he's so good his appointments are hard to get inside of 4 weeks, but he's worth the wait.

February 22nd, 2014
Dissatisfied
Very personable before surgery. Feedback after surgery was minimal, including no post op written instructions or guidance provided. Dr. Occonnor didn't read the periodic reports forwarded from the rehab facility. Surgery was unsuccessful, and I'm left with chronic pain. I would not recommend this physician.

July 14th, 2013
Doctor O'Connor is not only an excellent and experienced Doctor and surgeon but he is also a wonderful human being. I feel lucky to have him as my Doctor and I trust him blindly. I highly recommend him and would give him the highest rating.