Allergists, Internist
8 Saddle Rd
Ste 101
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
973-267-9393
Locations and availability (8)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A happy patient  |  show details
by Ana M. Alvarado on Dec 12th, 2013

I enjoyed visiting Dr. Oppenheimer as he was so direct and sure on my diagnostic. I highly recommend him and he takes good care of the patient's anxieties. A rare ability to calm the patient down, jokes with the patient, and creates a very nice atmosphere while treating you. No hesitation on telling he is the best in his profession.

by Cindy L on Aug 23rd, 2013

I feel after reading the reviews below that we are seeing a different doctor. My 9-year-old daughter has both a peanut allergy and asthma and has been seeing Dr. Oppenheimer for about 4 years. I find him incredibly well informed of the medical literature out there and very communicative as to her health status and how we should approach her care. I like the fact that he speaks to my daughter as well and realizes, though 9, that she is the patient. On the rare occasions that I have had to call the office in need of his input he has called us back promptly. I not only have recommended him to countless friends I just recommended him to one of the physicians I work for whose son needs an evaluation. I would not take my daughter to anyone else.

|  Dr Oppenheimer refused to see my daughter  |  show details
by Lindsay Nunn on Mar 18th, 2013

My daughter who is 7 had a 830 am appointment on a Monday . She woke up sick so I called the after hours line at 745am to cancel.. I called back when the office was open and the nurses words to me were that dr Oppenheimer said he will never take her as a patient bc I cancelled her to find another Dr.. I will make sure everyone knows what he did after I have referred him, he's seen my daughter and my nephew

Jan 3rd, 2011

I have a 6 yr old boy with Asperger's. I also had no choice but to bring my 3 yr old. The nurse & the Dr were very patient and understanding and aware of our needs. My son is usually very weary of people he does not know, especially doctors. But he was ok at both our initial appt and follow-up. Maybe we got him on a good day? Seems like others had bad experiences- sorry for that. I think he does have a sort of no-nonsense approach- but that works for us!

Aug 23rd, 2010

not pleased with manners or assistance.

Dec 25th, 2009

Dr. Oppenheimer is an excellent diagnostician. I am confident in his abilities. When I had additional questions, he called me back within a day or two. He isn't warm and fuzzy but I found him to be appoachable and respectful. I do reccomend him

|  VERY NICE UNDERSTANDING AND CONCERNED  |  show details
by A Roberts on Oct 7th, 2009

Dr. Oppenheimer is my daughter's doctor and he is very informative about her health. It is very friendly and concerned about his patients. My daughter loves him. The office staff are the most friendly and caring people, I have ever met. We love going there.

|  Mean, uncaring, rude, arrogant, hurtful  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2009

I had a second visit with Dr. John Oppenheimer. I came in because I felt like I might have been getting another sinus infection, which I am prone to. I didnt wait long and the nurses and front-desk staff were very nice. Dr. Oppenheimer walked in and immediately was very rude. He started off by telling me he isnt my doctor and to follow-up with Dr. Graffino My first visit to the practice was with Dr. Graffino. Though the day after my visit the office called that they made a mistake and Graffino isnt on my insurance. So, the second visit with the practice they scheduled me with Oppenheimer. During the second visit with Oppenheimer (and third with the practice), he insisted that isnt true; that I was never switched as a patient to him and am still Graffinos patient. I know what occurred as I was sent a huge bill from Graffino. Either way, it was inappropriate and uncalled for to argue with me that he isnt my doctor. He should have simply said he will look into it and focus on treating me and being kind to his patient sitting in front of him. Then he said numerous times during the visit he has a plane to catch and a limo waiting downstairs. I was appalled how arrogant he was being. I was so hurt and shocked by his behavior toward me I started crying. Rather than consoling me, he continued being just plain mean. I walked away with no solution to my illness and felt extremely sad and angry by his unnecessary behavior toward me.