Dr. John Perry MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 28th, 2016
due to a failed meniscus surgery 6 years ago, I was forced to get a total knee replacement. I interviewed four different orthopedic surgeons before settling on Dr. Perry. I chose him because he didnt sugar coat it when I asked him what the possible downside of the surgery might be. The surgery went perfectly-I walked comfortably that evening and walked perfectly three days later. He scheduled more follow ups than I thought he needed, but no charge or co-pay for them so all it took was time. I will inevitably need the other kneee replaced, and will not consider any other doctor. He is top notch!!!.

November 5th, 2016
Easy Hip Replacement
Dr. Perry has the right combination of humor and professionalism along with a great deal of experience. I have MS as well as my hip pain I had and, although Dr. Perry cautioned me about possible problems that could occur, the surgery went smoothly as did the rehab. I would definitely return to him if I needed the surgery he does.

October 14th, 2016
RUDENESS AND UNCOOPERATIVE STAFF
I RECENTLY HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST AN OLDER GENTLEMAN WITH HIS MEDICAL NEEDS. WHEN CONTACTING DR. PARRY'S OFFICE RE HIS CARE A WHILE BACK, THE STAFF MEMBER ON THE PHONE WAS VERY UNCOOPERATIVE TO THE POINT OF RUDENESS. THIS GENTLEMAN HAS MEDICAID AND WHEN I WAS SPEAKING TO THE FIRM THAT PROVIDED HIM WITH A PROSTHETIC LEG, THEY EXPRESSED THEIR CONCERN THAT, AFTER HAVING CALLED AND FAXED THIS OFFICE REPEATEDLY, DR.PARRY'S OFFICE HAS NOT RESPONDED TO THEIR NEED OF A SIMPLE LETTER OF MEDICAL NECESSITY. IF THEY RUN OUT OF TIME, THIS GENTLEMAN WILL BE MADE RESPONSIBLE FOR AN ASTRONOMICAL FINANCIAL DEBT. THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU CALL THEM.

September 21st, 2016
Great and Caring Surgeon
Dr. Perry saw me very quickly after Dr. Sands left the area four weeks before my scheduled knee replacement. He was recommended by my GP and I am very glad he did. Both Dr. Perry and Andrew listened to me and explained everything. I was even more pleased with the surgery because Dr. Perry does not use staples instead he uses "glue" which he learned about when he first became a surgeon. It leaves very little scaring. My new knees are great and I have excellent motion. I have been given my life back(I am 7 months and 5 months out of surgery and into recovery). My husband now tells me to slow down!! No pain with these new knees and Dr. Perry keeps a close eye on you after the surgery with follow up appointments. If I ever need hip or shoulder surgery I'll be using Dr. Perry. Thank You to Dr. Perry and all his office staff.

September 19th, 2016
hip replacement
Results were excellent. Pain free now after many years of intense pain. The surgery went as scheduled, recovery time was shorter on this hip which was done from the front than previous hip replacement using surgery from the rear.

September 14th, 2016
OUTSTANDING!!!
My experience with Dr Perry and his office was OUTSTANDING from the moment I walked into his office for the first time. The girls that took me back to an examination room at every visit were nice, professional and always put me at ease. Dr Perry's nurses, X-ray techs, PA's, were always in a great mood and always explained everything to me and answered my questions without making me feel like I was annoying them. I love them all!! Now to Dr Perry. Dr Perry explained everything to me and took the time to make me feel comfortable with him and confident that not only was I choosing the right Dr but that I was making the right decision in having the surgery. I am an avid tennis player and it was important that I play again. I'm here to tell you that with a great surgeon and hard work in physical therapy I was released today to play tennis again. FIVE WEEKS POST SURGERY!! Dr John Perry and his team gave me back my passion!! Thank you all so much!!!

August 31st, 2016
Great outcome
I have had both of my hips replaced within the last 11 months. Dr. John J Perry performed surgery on my hip two months ago. The hip has healed very fast. I have an excellent range of motion, without any pain. I attribute this success to Dr. Perry's skill and dedication to his patients. A very down to earth phycisian, that I would highly recommend. P.S. I regret that my first hip surgery 11 months ago WAS NOT performed by Dr. Perry. The recovery period was much longer and I experienced more discomfort than I have with the second surgery.

Anterior hip replacement
Dr. Perry replaced my husband's hip using an anterior approach. There was little disruption of the muscles in that area and his restrictions and precautions afterward were minimal! He is a great surgeon, with the knowledge and expertise to make this surgery a total success!!!

Partial Knee Replacement
I had partial knee replacement surgery of the patella 3 years ago and it never stopped hurting. Dr. Perry revised the partial to a total knee replacement this May. After 6 weeks I am having better results than with the partial knee replacement. I easily have 125 degrees range of motion without pain. I can also tell that once the knee fully heals I expect to be pain free for the first time in 8 long years. I believe Dr. Perry is the best knee surgeon in Melbourne Florida, and I would highly recommend him to anyone considering knee replacement surgery.

July 13th, 2016
Dr. Perry has made my life great again; I did not realize how degraded my lifestyle had become until I had my hip replaced by Dr. Perry. I feel like I am young again, and starting to do things that I have not been able to do in a number of years. Thanks, Dr. Perry, for this new lease on life.

July 9th, 2016
THE BEST!!!! Second knee replacement. Wish I had gone to Dr. Perry for the first.

July 6th, 2016
Knee surgery went fine. So hard to get anyone on the phone. Then they called to reschedule my follow up appointment twice, so it was long overdue when I had it, waited over an hour finally I was seen for approx. 8 minutes.