Dr. John Regan MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Beverly Hills, CA

May 26th, 2016
Absolutely no follow up after initial visit. Office didn't respond to multiple phone calls. In the meantime, much time wasted waiting in worsening terrible pain not knowing what to think, or what to do, or whether to consult with someone else...

May 16th, 2016
Poor Surgical Outcome
This high profile orthopedic surgeon has been using advertising and clinical trial spine studies just to get prospective patients to his medical office. Unfortunately, I was a victim of a poorly planned and executed L4-L5 partial medial factectomy and foraminotomies. Dr. Regan made a gross surgical error in my operation thus causing a hole in the dura which had to be immediately, and surgically repaired. I was left in constant pain after my operation. He nor his surgical fellow would admit to any wrongdoing. Business as usual. His office is quite busy and no personal follow-up was ever given to me. Please do yourself a favor and research a more trustworthy and reliable surgeon for assessment and treatment of any complex, degenerative spinal disorder.

July 29th, 2015
Worst staff in medical field puts harness on top notch surgeon
Absolute worst office staff ever. After being in the medical field myself I am truly appalled at the lack of skill and compassion of a medical office staff. Honestly I am shocked the doctor, who is known world wide has any follow up patients what so ever. Due to lack of organization, inability to return simple phone calls and total lack of compassion I would not recommend this physician to anyone. The aggrevation of dealing with his office staff is not worth the wait of seeing Dr. Regan. I really wish he would do a complete overhaul of his employees, it would make him and his talent stand out instead of everyone complaining about his horrible staff.

July 12th, 2015
Could never have found a better doctor, Dr. Regan is an incredible talented surgeon , not only that, but is the most caring physician I have ever encountered. I can only think of superlatives thinking about him.

July 2nd, 2015
Patient
Dr Regan is a professional ,very knowledgable and experienced and self confidence..he spent a lot of time with explaining everything with me. he didn't rush me and he spends as much time with as you need. He is kind and caring and also funny. He did an outstanding job on my Surgery and always had the confidence that he would before . His Nurse Deena , is a ball of Sunshine that makes you feel like you are the only patient there. She responds to all texts and emails that you send her. I was super anxious and asked a lot of questions and she was always there for me. Dr Sharlu is excellent.,he took an off hours call for me after surgery , and was so nice and explained everything to me and I instantly calmed down. I wouldn't go to anyone other Orthepedic surgeon or office .

October 22nd, 2014
Excellence in spine surgery
Doctor Regan has completed several lumbar spine surgeries for me. He is a world expert spine surgeon, and highly sought after internationally. He is also real as a human being (compassionate, dedicated to his patients); a rare combination.

March 17th, 2014
Mrs.
Dr Regan is awesome! He did a Scoliosis reconstruction on me 20years ago in Plano Texas. I grew 3 inches taller. We had hoped for more but because I was late 30's I was already fused in some areas. Everything went great. 13 hour surgery. I will spare you the details but Dr Regan was super 20 yrs ago but I had broke a screw in the Lower part of spine. I had been to many Dr's here in Texas since Dr Regan was no longer in Texas. They were impressed with all of the hardware but didn't know what to do with me! Imagine my frustration. Well after hurting and walking with a cane etc. I made my mind up I was just going to fly to Calif because I knew Dr R would know what to do after all he put it all in there 20 yrs before. 5 min in the office with him he says I can fix this and you won't need that cane any more. Can you imagine that huge sigh of relief and peace I had. Yup we returned to Texas got everything in order and flew back the 1200 miles. It was a 11 hour surgery this time. My husband called it "extended warrenty" work. It's two yrs. later and I'm still doing great no pain and no cane! God Bless Dr John J Regan extra special! He's a master craftsman of the spine. : )

October 7th, 2013
Spinal Expert Look No Further!
Dr. Regan is a master of his craft. My first office visit I was referred to him by Cedars Sinai Spinal clinic and was told he was a world renowned spinal expert , but I was still nervous. This is your spine after all and if there is anytime you want an expert this is one of those times! I was on my way in to his office on the elevator and one of his patients told me they had been hit by a train and were severely injured and he saved their life. Other patients had told me he was the surgeon that people go to after other surgeons were unsuccessful. For myself, I needed to look no further his reputation speaks for itself and I was lucky and privileged to have him on my case. He saved my leg from being paralyzed and I am walking to this day because of his surgical expertise. Besides his surgical talent, he is a nice man. He cares and understands the pain and difficulty that the patient is under. He puts his patients needs and health first. I have referred many friends with back trouble to him, one of them a little person with great need for his expertise. Dr. Regan saved his life as well. During the terrible earthquake in 2010 that hit Tahiti Dr. Regan took off and donated his service to the injured. You couldn’t ask for a better surgeon or a better man to have as your doctor. Your in good hands with Dr. John Regan.

May 23rd, 2013
cultural couselor
Dr. regan is a great doctor.Very caring and friendly.He has international reputation worldwide. He knows his work very well and very confident.I highly recommend him.

May 17th, 2013
World Class Care
I rarely review anything when I have a positive experience. Typically I'll just vent and complain when things don't go my way at a business, restaurant, etc. I'm making an exception for Dr Regan. He's a lifesaver and here's why: - The problems I'd been having with my back the past few years have been taken care of through one of his clinical studies. - Obviously everything comes at a cost. Compared to other doctors in the area it all came out very reasonable combined with what my insurance covered. Completely worth it. - The staff treated me well. Some days there were longer waits than others but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for any doctors office. - He's a nice guy that put some of my problems and solutions into terms that I could understand instead of trying to cover up sentences with really big, unneeded words that most other doctors used with me during other consultations I had. - The one thing I was afraid of was not having contact after the surgery. This wasn't the case at all. All my post-op visits and physical therapy were all taken care of by either Dr Regan or scheduled by his staff to get me mobile again. I hopefully never have to run into any of these health problems again. But if I did, I hope the next surgeon is half as good as Dr Regan.

May 17th, 2013
I came upon DR. Regan through 2 separate referrals which were both very good. I had to travel to LA from Texas to receive this treatment so I put a great deal of confidence in this Dr, I have always been very physically active my whole life so after experiencing lower back pain including numbness in both legs and feet I knew I had to do something. I had sought other opinions that stated I needed surgery. I sought out Dr. Regan. I had a Lumbar Interbody Fusion L-4 -L5 with Instrumentation. It has been about 6 months since the surgery and I am free of pain and have no numbness. I followed his strict advice and had at least 9 weeks of PT and have done a lot of walking To me it's a miracle . I am playing golf and fly fishing and got my life back. This is thrilling to me as I have just retired after close to a 40 year career in City Government. I think that it takes a lot of courage to have this type of surgery and I received the confidence I needed from this doctor to go forward. I am hoping for the best going forward.

November 9th, 2012
I am a sixty-two year old airline captain who works out of London. I have had lower back pain since I was sixteen years old. After lifting some very heavy bags in Ethiopia, I came home with a right leg severely nerve-damaged due to my old back issues. I was barely able to walk. I heard from doctors in the Palm Springs area that the best back surgeon was Dr. John Regan in Los Angeles. My wife called. Dr. Regan saw me quickly and scheduled the extensive and complex surgery the next week. I was back at work in two months, and after one year I am almost completely free of discomfort for the first time in my life. Dr. Regan's mastery of modern technology has allowed me to return to a full and active life of work and sports. I believe I avoided a life in a wheel chair. I will be forever grateful for Dr. Regan's expertise.