Dr. John Regan MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Lexington, NC

3.4

May 16th, 2016
Poor Surgical Outcome
This high profile orthopedic surgeon has been using advertising and clinical trial spine studies just to get prospective patients to his medical office. Unfortunately, I was a victim of a poorly planned and executed L4-L5 partial medial factectomy and foraminotomies. Dr. Regan made a gross surgical error in my operation thus causing a hole in the dura which had to be immediately, and surgically repaired. I was left in constant pain after my operation. He nor his surgical fellow would admit to any wrongdoing. Business as usual. His office is quite busy and no personal follow-up was ever given to me. Please do yourself a favor and research a more trustworthy and reliable surgeon for assessment and treatment of any complex, degenerative spinal disorder.

July 29th, 2015
Worst staff in medical field puts harness on top notch surgeon
Absolute worst office staff ever. After being in the medical field myself I am truly appalled at the lack of skill and compassion of a medical office staff. Honestly I am shocked the doctor, who is known world wide has any follow up patients what so ever. Due to lack of organization, inability to return simple phone calls and total lack of compassion I would not recommend this physician to anyone. The aggrevation of dealing with his office staff is not worth the wait of seeing Dr. Regan. I really wish he would do a complete overhaul of his employees, it would make him and his talent stand out instead of everyone complaining about his horrible staff.

July 12th, 2015
Could never have found a better doctor, Dr. Regan is an incredible talented surgeon , not only that, but is the most caring physician I have ever encountered. I can only think of superlatives thinking about him.

October 22nd, 2014
Excellence in spine surgery
Doctor Regan has completed several lumbar spine surgeries for me. He is a world expert spine surgeon, and highly sought after internationally. He is also real as a human being (compassionate, dedicated to his patients); a rare combination.

October 7th, 2013
Spinal Expert Look No Further!
Dr. Regan is a master of his craft. My first office visit I was referred to him by Cedars Sinai Spinal clinic and was told he was a world renowned spinal expert , but I was still nervous. This is your spine after all and if there is anytime you want an expert this is one of those times! I was on my way in to his office on the elevator and one of his patients told me they had been hit by a train and were severely injured and he saved their life. Other patients had told me he was the surgeon that people go to after other surgeons were unsuccessful. For myself, I needed to look no further his reputation speaks for itself and I was lucky and privileged to have him on my case. He saved my leg from being paralyzed and I am walking to this day because of his surgical expertise. Besides his surgical talent, he is a nice man. He cares and understands the pain and difficulty that the patient is under. He puts his patients needs and health first. I have referred many friends with back trouble to him, one of them a little person with great need for his expertise. Dr. Regan saved his life as well. During the terrible earthquake in 2010 that hit Tahiti Dr. Regan took off and donated his service to the injured. You couldnu00e2u0080u0099t ask for a better surgeon or a better man to have as your doctor. Your in good hands with Dr. John Regan.

May 23rd, 2013
cultural couselor
Dr. regan is a great doctor.Very caring and friendly.He has international reputation worldwide. He knows his work very well and very confident.I highly recommend him.

September 6th, 2011
Over the top, fabulous experience, every step of the way
I do not know how to put into words how grateful and blown away I am by my experience with Dr. Regan, his entire staff, and DISC Surgery Center. I will say, I saw four surgeons, and originally selected Dr. Delemarter over Dr. Regan mostly because I knew and trusted someone who Dr. Delemarter had previously operated on. After informing both doctors that Blue Cross had denied my surgery because of a pre-existing condition, what started out as a tie between the two doctors ended in a land-slide win by Dr. Regan and his phenomenal staff. They bent over backwards to help make this surgery a reality for me, and spent hours upon hours helping me.I had my surgery (second microdicectomy and single-level fusion L5/S1) at DISC Surgery Center in Marina del Rey, and have never had such a seamless, professional, kind experience in a medical situation. The entire staff at DISC was incredible, the space was impeccable, and I felt fully supported and cared for every step of the way. I just got home from my 2.5 week check up, and had the same experience again. Dr. Regan, as always, spent an enormous amount of time answering my long list of questions, and was kind, present, and caring even though it was insanely busy day for him. Although I had to wait some time for my visit, my experience with him and his staff was so positive, I didnt care at all. I have spent a great deal of time with doctors and hospitals due to my own injuries as well as other serious illnesses in my family, and this whole experience, by far, is the most exceptional I have ever had. Dr. Regan is so wonderful I just have to give him a hug when I see him to express a small gesture of gratitude for how much he has changed my life. Thank you Dr. Regan, Aurora, Nicole, DISC, and all the nurses!

September 2nd, 2011
Not a surgeon I could recommend
Had serious complications shortly after the surgery. The hospital had difficulty reaching him, despite his office only being a few minutes away from the hospital. All surgeries are risky,but you do want a surgeon who shows up. I was surprised how my own experience aligned with other negative reviews on this page. Make sure you scroll down and read all those.

July 29th, 2011
extremely impersonal, cold and uninterested. Took several phone calls on his cell phone; i waited 2 hours to see him. wanted to rush to operating room; offered no alternatives thank god i seeked elsewhere.

July 21st, 2011
Staff was very warm and friendly. Dr. Regan is very knowledgeable and very thorough with his treatment. I would recommend him strongly for anyone who has a sports related injury.

July 13th, 2011
Dr. Regan has been my doctor for years and I recommend him to all my friends with back problems. His office staff could not be more friendlier and profesional. When he gives his opinion, you can trust that he is being as honest as can be.

May 18th, 2011
I especially like their private surgical center
They do their procedures at a private surgical center which is much better than a hospital. I received excellent care there. the night of the surgery there were 2 nurses to care for 3 patients. something you would never see in a hospital setting. Dr Regan is very knowledgeable with all the latest information involving spinal problems and is excellent at answering questions since he was involved in most of the research. be sure to ask about things like cold therapy, Bone stimulators and other post operative devices to aid in healing.