Dr. John Sassano Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Sassano?

July 4th, 2017

Urine drug test scam!

The dr. uses a lab in a small country hospital hundreds of miles away that charges over $4,000 for a urine drug screen that's required if he prescribes any painkillers. You're not told this up front and will only find out 6 months later when you see the bill!

November 11th, 2016

Disgruntled patient times 100

Dr. Sassano is the worst doctor I've ever encountered before with this back toward you and you sit in a chair behind him and if you say anything he tells you to shut up and sit down he never allows you to speak I called this gross negligence Please run from this doctor

April 5th, 2016

Bottom of the barrel

I believe dr. John is full of himself. Does not give you the chance to speak tells you where your problem and your pain is without even asking you. Just all around a great guy....

July 6th, 2015

Abandoned his patients.

Dr. Sassano with no warning and no explanation closed his practice abandoning his patients.

May 30th, 2015

Pressured me to have unneeded procedures

Continuously pressured me to have procedures that were inappropriate for my diagnosis, including yelling at me and withholding pain medication. Told me he was the only pain physician in town who prescribed pain medication (all the other ones only did procedures) so that I had no choice. My primary care physician told me this wasn't true, at which time I promptly changed physicians.

April 7th, 2015

Wasn't impressed! He was trained by Dr I see in TX. Very arrogant indeed! Does spend time with patient, but very rude in his questions. Went to for several years, finally got tired of the abuse. Staff not that friendly either.

February 6th, 2015

Staff is condescending and arrogant. The most uncaring health care office I have been to. Takes months to get an appointment then your sorry you did.

May 7th, 2012

Life Changing

If only I'd have had a doctor like Dr. Sassano in 1992 when my nightmare started.Before Dr. Sassano, I became use to the 5 minute office visit.None of my previous doctors showed any interest in me let alone attempting to diagnose my problems. Their interest was how many patients a day they could see.Not Dr. Sassano. Not once have I felt cut off. Every question was answered. I've never felt more comfortable talking to anyone about the pain I have & the problems associated with it. He looks at the whole person & not just the injury.Yes, he asks numerous questions. Seems to me those with serious conditions should appreciate his thoroughness while those offended may be there with hopes ofunnecessary narcotics. My suggestion to them is to go on down the road because I don't believe you can fool him. He's a very experienced doctor not a pill pusher. If there ever was a pro, it's Dr. Sassano & I'm sure he sorts out those suffering & those faking. This could explain negative posts.Take a minute & read what he's done the last 35 years. If that doesn't impress you, nothing will.If you're looking for a very compassionate person who is serious aboutfinding the cause of your problem & then doing what's necessary to get you some relief, Dr. Sassano would be an excellent choice.

December 26th, 2011

Excellent

Excellent diagnostication. Spends as long a needed with patient - up to two hours at my initial appointment. Really tries to get get at the cause of patient's problem and prescribe the best remedies possible. Very impressive. Has been a tremendous help to me.

December 20th, 2011

Knowledgeable Dr.

He really knows his stuff, only thing lacking is a personality and bedside manner. But i think he's one of those types of personalities that has a big heart, but shows no emotions. I would definitely recommend him, but don't go in thinking your gonna have a casual conversation with him.

August 7th, 2011

EXCELLENT PAIN PHYSICIAN

If you are looking for an ANSWER to the cause of your pain, Dr. Sassano is the doctor to see. He is an excellent and thorough diagnostician. I have seen many doctors over many years who have run many tests over the years. I provided Dr. Sassano with all my records, but the one thing that impressed me the most was HE LISTENED TO ME and what I had to say before looking at the "book of medical records" I supplied. He walked into that appt completely open minded, where other doctors looked at my records and reached their diagnoses from other physicians and repeated tests which resulted in several years of being misdiagnosed. He is rare in the fact that he spends as much time as needed with each patient, rather than rushing in and out. If you are truly a pain management patient, he's definitely the right person to see. As all pain doctors they, unfortunately, need to be cautious of what medications they prescribe as well as the patients they prescribe to more so than any other type of doctor. As many other reviewers have said, if you truly are seeking help, he is the doctor to help. If you're simply looking for a prescription, he is not the doctor to see.

June 30th, 2011

Dr. Sassano has been a blessing. He is a no-nonsense Dr. Has the right questions. Can be intimidating but I can't imagine the hogwash he must cut through to get at the truth with lot of pill seekers. He has turned things around in my life. I have nothing to hide so we have established an excellent Dr./patient relationship. Be aware, he is a cut and dry Dr. If you are in for the wrong reasons he will see right through your scam. I could go on but what a wonderful Dr.