A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Vargo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Vargo, DO, MD, MPH is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gallbladder Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Stomach Cancer
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
Education & Awards
Dr. Vargo graduated from University of Rochester .
Dr. Vargo has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic
- St Elizabeth Health Center
- Northside Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Joseph Vargo DO, MD, and MPH is a male Internist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John J. Vargo practice?
- Dr. John Vargo has 1 office location.
Dr. John Vargo practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Cleveland, OH.
See Cleveland Internists and Cleveland Gastroenterologists.