A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Vargo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Vargo, DO, M.P.H., MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Gallbladder Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Stomach Cancer
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
Education & Awards
Dr. Vargo graduated from University of Rochester .
Dr. Vargo has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic
- St Elizabeth Health Center
- Northside Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Vargo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 3 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John J. Vargo practice?
Dr. John Vargo practices Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Family Medicine, and General Practice near Cleveland, OH.
See Cleveland Internists, Cleveland Gastroenterologists, Cleveland Hepatologists, Cleveland Family Physicians, and Cleveland General Practitioners.