Dr. John Wilkins DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

February 18th, 2016
Great guy
Not sure what any of you people are talking about giving Dr Wilkins a bad review. He is great guy. He listened to my problems and gave me the nessacary medication that I needed. He also said that I could call or email him if I have any problems. Don't ruin a good doctors name because your angry over something that is most likely your fault.

January 13th, 2016
Great experiences
I have been a patient of Dr. Wilkins for about six years now. I was referred by my therapist for medication management. On my first visit he spent a great deal of time with me. He asked about my history and prior medications. He spent the time to hear what my current problems were. We discussed which medications would be appropriate for me. At my subsequent visits he spent time asking about my family and job as well as how the medication was working. He respected my input. I never felt rushed or pushed out. It was made clear when I made the first appointment that payment were to be cash or check only. I understand why some think his receptionist is rude but she's always been pleasant and helpful with me. I think she has a lot to do and doesn't have time for small talk. It is a busy office and she has many other tasks to complete while still checking patients in and making appointments. I would recommend him if someone needed medication management. I would recommend a therapist is someone needed to work out problems in a 45 minute session.

August 20th, 2015
Dr. Wilkins somehow diagnosed my child all within less than 10 minutes and was very motivated to prescribe meds. not really knowing my child's history. It seemed like a 'quick fix' to me and I was told this is how it is now in this industry. Very disappointing to say the least!

March 23rd, 2015
A+++
Excellent Doctor. Listens.

February 16th, 2015
stay away
His name should be "Dr. Quackins".

October 18th, 2014
Not A Doctor In Practice
Dr. Wilkins, while being within the range of competence in pharmacological therapy and, of course, as a Psychiatrist a full pathological medical understanding of substance dependence and co-morbid disorders, is a completely, ignorant, business-oriented, uncaring and disenchanted miserable doctor. I personally feel that IT WOULD BE A DANGER TO SEE HIM as a patient or have a loved-one or friend referred to the hysterical, manipulative circus he runs in his, own private office, He could not possibly, efficiently treat, in my opinion any individual suffering from former addiction-habits, or simply, mental illness. (Simply look at the inundation of patients he sees within a 2 minute timeframe.) I will now in detail, in provision of anybody who reads this, for their own well-being, provide a list of reasons to avoid this Doctor. 1. He does not have any form of personal communication with his patients and is clearly lacking in a professional. standard of human compassion. He simply is interested in the money you will be exchanging with him for the gratuitous amounts of addictive medication that he commonly prescribes to patients. (Substituting abused drugs with of potentially addictive agents.) 2. He could POTENTIALLY HARM any unknowing patient, through his, disorganized and disassociated manner of prescribing medication and not consistently monitoring the effects or assessing, during the drive-thru of an appointment, you have with him about their effectiveness or prognosis. Ultimately, Dr.Wilkins, is a laughable, caricature of modern psychiatry, and should be, completely ashamed and demoralized of himself through his own lack of human standards, both intellectually and ethically, as a, I cringe to say this, "Doctor". If you are in need of addiction-therapy, you would be better off, seeing a dealer. I also intend, in the very low possibility that he reads this himself, as it seems most of his negative reviews, mysteriously disappear, to, slowly overtime as a I find more proficient medical professionals, to ruin both his reputation, as an idiot of a Doctor, and his transparent, business operation, that is at the expense of ignorant, and innocent people who seek help for their illness from this clearly deranged man, to deconstruct his business through legal means. He is a complete, shameless scumbag. . Dr.Wilkins, if you happen to read this review, and the majority of other negative reviews you've received, you are not a Doctor in practice, and may soon find yourself, not practicing at all.

April 6th, 2014
Will never go back.
He seemed professional for one or two sessions. Then I found out that he was prescribing higher than safe levels of medication and when I tried to confront him, he got belligerent. I dropped him immediately and am now looking for a better doctor.

March 4th, 2014
He is a Med Psych, NOT a talk therapist
It shocks me to see the number of people in the reviews complaining that he doesn't spend a lot of time talking to you. Guess what? He is not a talk therapist. There is a difference between a medication psych and a talk psych and if you want the best mental health care, you need both kinds. This doctor does a great job finding me the correct prescriptions and my talk doctor does a great job listening and giving advice. It's like a team. If you want to see a talk psych and you go to a medication psych that is your own fault. I like the fact that he is quick especially if I don't need any med changes. I have several chronic illnesses and spend enough time in doctor offices, so the quicker the better. And if I do think I need a change or have a complaint about a side effect he does listen and talk to me about it. It's not like he throws you out if you have questions about your medication. My anxiety meds have been life saving at times.

June 19th, 2013
Ripoff
The receptionist could not be more unpleasant if she tried. It's a shame for the doctor that his office is run so poorly. He will gladly take your money for 2 minutes of your time. I would avoid him unless you're just looking for someone to write a script and nothing else. Or if you're craving to be treated poorly by a young and miserable girl.

May 21st, 2013
Awful
If you're looking for a psychiatrist to ramble on about his kids' pot-smoking habits, scribble a script, and tell you to leave all within the span of five minutes, then this is your guy. His young receptionist has been there for years and is as rude as ever - simply call the office and see how she treats you. Today was the final straw before I decided to ditch this guy. I went to pay my copay before my appointment which came to a surprising $40 after my insurance changed. I don't carry a large amount of cash or my checkbook on me and asked if they could bill me or take a credit card. The receptionist said no - they only accept cash or check - she was incredibly rude and offered to reschedule the following week. I needed a refill that day (an educated pysch knows you can't just go off these meds cold turkey) and I was so taken aback by her attitude that I asked her right in front of Wilkins why she must be so rude. He ignored it like nothing was happening. He later said something along the lines of "Well, you wouldn't walk into Wawa and expect a sandwich without paying, would you?" I was in tears at this point. I took my insurance card from the girl and vowed not to return to a doctor who cared so little about his patients.

May 6th, 2013
HORRIBLE
First time ever to a psyciatrist and what a mistake. I went through a bad breakup and someone recommended seeing one. When I showed up for my appointment I was happy and excited to see what he was going to say, and really thought he could help me. I was rudely greeted by the receptionist and told sit and wait. When he called me in he looked annoyed and didn't shake my hand or even look me in my eyes. He sat down and said what's the problem. I felt so uncomfortable I could barely form a sentence. All I wanted was to leave, I was in his office for a total of 2 minutes. He was obviously annoyed as if I was a waste of his time and said ok do you want bipolar medication or anxiety medication because really you should be talking to a therapist this isn't what I do. I declined everything and as I was leaving he said he will leave one of the scrips in the office if I change my mind and I can just pick it up. What a horrible horrible person. How, why? I got to my car and burst into tears. I will never ever visit a psyciatrist again. This person shouldn't be in charge of anybody's well being.

February 18th, 2013
great doc
Dr.Wilkins is an awesome doctor. For the people complaining that he does not care, maybe you should speak with him. I have been seeing for for a little over 3 years. His old practice in Marlton was with 3 other doctors. One doc in the office i was seeing before Wilkins left, I was then given the option to switch too Wilkins or see a diffrent doctor in another practice. I switched to Dr.Wilkins and so did 90% of the other doctors paitents so now Doc Wilkins has his clients plus a whole lot more. About 10 months after getting new paitents he moved to his own practice in Medford now. He always explains that he just does meds not sit down therapys because of all his clients. Maybe if people would ask why its in and out and not a session instead of hiding behind a monitor and whining. He tells all clients that they have to find their own doc to do sessions with and he will work withthem too find out a suitable way to solve their issues with meds if needed. So the long and short, Dr.Wilkins does care and will speak with you if you need too, but he has so many clients that there is not enough hours in the day or week even to do a 30 minute sesssion with them. you can also ask him to suggest a Doc to do sessions. But the whiners on t his page probably never thought of that. Also the guy who was crying about him not phoning in a script. If it is a narcotic script ie.. suboxone, subutex, even ambien you MUST see the doc in NJ so he cam determine your physical and mental health. Boo hoo that you have too see him. Go to the methadone clinic in Camden 12 miles away or go to a detox and get off what ever it is you are on. Any way he is a great man and has always shown concern for me, never made me feel like a walking wallet, and if you can get an appoiment too see him you should.