Dr. John Wilkins DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 10th, 2017
Sandi420
I think Dr. Wilkins is great. Others can have their own opinions but I've been seeing him for at least 8yrs now. He takes time to ask how your doing & how life in general is going..makes sure all my meds are working right. If I need any kind of adjustments on my meds he does whatever he could to help. It's hard to find certain doctors you really like. I myself wouldn't want anyone other then Dr. Wilkins to be my psychiatrist. That's why after I moved I drive over an hour one way to see him. Even his secretary is very nice & very helpful. I would recommend him to anyone in the area that needs a good psychiatrist.

January 4th, 2017
Excellent dr
He takes time with my child to figure out if the meds are helping. He's always available and very caring

February 18th, 2016
Great guy
Not sure what any of you people are talking about giving Dr Wilkins a bad review. He is great guy. He listened to my problems and gave me the nessacary medication that I needed. He also said that I could call or email him if I have any problems. Don't ruin a good doctors name because your angry over something that is most likely your fault.

January 14th, 2016
Great experiences
I have been a patient of Dr. Wilkins for about six years now. I was referred by my therapist for medication management. On my first visit he spent a great deal of time with me. He asked about my history and prior medications. He spent the time to hear what my current problems were. We discussed which medications would be appropriate for me. At my subsequent visits he spent time asking about my family and job as well as how the medication was working. He respected my input. I never felt rushed or pushed out. It was made clear when I made the first appointment that payment were to be cash or check only. I understand why some think his receptionist is rude but she's always been pleasant and helpful with me. I think she has a lot to do and doesn't have time for small talk. It is a busy office and she has many other tasks to complete while still checking patients in and making appointments. I would recommend him if someone needed medication management. I would recommend a therapist is someone needed to work out problems in a 45 minute session.

August 20th, 2015
Dr. Wilkins somehow diagnosed my child all within less than 10 minutes and was very motivated to prescribe meds. not really knowing my child's history. It seemed like a 'quick fix' to me and I was told this is how it is now in this industry. Very disappointing to say the least!

March 23rd, 2015
A+++
Excellent Doctor. Listens.

February 17th, 2015
stay away
His name should be "Dr. Quackins".

December 18th, 2014
Dbag who loves himself.

October 18th, 2014
Not A Doctor In Practice
Dr. Wilkins, while being within the range of competence in pharmacological therapy and, of course, as a Psychiatrist a full pathological medical understanding of substance dependence and co-morbid disorders, is a completely, ignorant, business-oriented, uncaring and disenchanted miserable doctor. I personally feel that IT WOULD BE A DANGER TO SEE HIM as a patient or have a loved-one or friend referred to the hysterical, manipulative circus he runs in his, own private office, He could not possibly, efficiently treat, in my opinion any individual suffering from former addiction-habits, or simply, mental illness. (Simply look at the inundation of patients he sees within a 2 minute timeframe.) I will now in detail, in provision of anybody who reads this, for their own well-being, provide a list of reasons to avoid this Doctor. 1. He does not have any form of personal communication with his patients and is clearly lacking in a professional. standard of human compassion. He simply is interested in the money you will be exchanging with him for the gratuitous amounts of addictive medication that he commonly prescribes to patients. (Substituting abused drugs with of potentially addictive agents.) 2. He could POTENTIALLY HARM any unknowing patient, through his, disorganized and disassociated manner of prescribing medication and not consistently monitoring the effects or assessing, during the drive-thru of an appointment, you have with him about their effectiveness or prognosis. Ultimately, Dr.Wilkins, is a laughable, caricature of modern psychiatry, and should be, completely ashamed and demoralized of himself through his own lack of human standards, both intellectually and ethically, as a, I cringe to say this, "Doctor". If you are in need of addiction-therapy, you would be better off, seeing a dealer. I also intend, in the very low possibility that he reads this himself, as it seems most of his negative reviews, mysteriously disappear, to, slowly overtime as a I find more proficient medical professionals, to ruin both his reputation, as an idiot of a Doctor, and his transparent, business operation, that is at the expense of ignorant, and innocent people who seek help for their illness from this clearly deranged man, to deconstruct his business through legal means. He is a complete, shameless scumbag. . Dr.Wilkins, if you happen to read this review, and the majority of other negative reviews you've received, you are not a Doctor in practice, and may soon find yourself, not practicing at all.

April 27th, 2014
Great Dr,if you speak up

April 6th, 2014
Will never go back.
He seemed professional for one or two sessions. Then I found out that he was prescribing higher than safe levels of medication and when I tried to confront him, he got belligerent. I dropped him immediately and am now looking for a better doctor.

March 4th, 2014
He is a Med Psych, NOT a talk therapist
It shocks me to see the number of people in the reviews complaining that he doesn't spend a lot of time talking to you. Guess what? He is not a talk therapist. There is a difference between a medication psych and a talk psych and if you want the best mental health care, you need both kinds. This doctor does a great job finding me the correct prescriptions and my talk doctor does a great job listening and giving advice. It's like a team. If you want to see a talk psych and you go to a medication psych that is your own fault. I like the fact that he is quick especially if I don't need any med changes. I have several chronic illnesses and spend enough time in doctor offices, so the quicker the better. And if I do think I need a change or have a complaint about a side effect he does listen and talk to me about it. It's not like he throws you out if you have questions about your medication. My anxiety meds have been life saving at times.