A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Jarstad:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Jarstad, Ophthalmologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Jarstad
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Jarstad Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Jarstad, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Jarstad graduated from University of Washington, Seattle. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Jarstad has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Tacoma General Hospital
- St Francis Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John S. Jarstad MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John S. Jarstad practice?
- Dr. John Jarstad has 4 office locations.
Dr. John Jarstad practices Ophthalmology near Federal Way, WA.
Additional practice locations include: Auburn, WA and Burien, WA.
See Federal Way Ophthalmologists.