A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Jarstad:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Jarstad, Ophthalmologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Jarstad
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Jarstad Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Jarstad, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Jarstad graduated from University of Washington, Seattle. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Jarstad has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Tacoma General Hospital
- St Francis Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John S. Jarstad MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John S. Jarstad practice?
- Dr. John Jarstad has 4 office locations.
Dr. John Jarstad practices Ophthalmology near Federal Way, WA.
Additional practice locations include: Auburn, WA and Burien, WA.
See Federal Way Ophthalmologists.