Family Physicians

3800 W Ray Rd
Ste 5
Chandler, AZ 85226
480-820-4305
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  a great man reduced by his office staff  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

It's better to tell you from what I saw here. It matches my opinon of him...http://www.yelp.com/biz/john-julius-do-chandler#hrid:joiP-fJtyvmvl6IyjgCuiw

|  Terrible cusomer service.  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

From the moment I walked into Dr. Julius' office the vibe was not comforting. The staffing was behind the desk sitting around complaining about their lives while I spent a half hour filling out all of my personal information on a tablet. This included full medical history as well as that for my entire family. Then they just downloaded all the info from the tablet so I did their job for them. When the nurse finally took me to the back she was complaining about how they had to weigh people each and every time. The personal interview continued until I couldn't pronounce all the medicine I was on in a recent hospital visit. Her response was, "You're really gonna make me read this stuff aren't you?" As if doing their job wasn't enough for them when I mentioned that I had a primary care physician but was looking to switch due to bad customer service I was refused to be seen. I even tried to agree to switch completely before the visit to be seen and he still said he wasn't comfortable with the visit. I tried to explain and agree with his terms but his response was "I honestly don't care, good bye." To which followed he just walked out.

|  Has been my D.O. for 11 years.  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2010

I love Dr. Julius and his office staff. I have been going to his office both in Tempe and when he moved to Chandler for 11 years. He took me on as a new patient when I had a serious condition that needed full time medical monitoring and now that I am better, I see him for almost everything. Great bedside manner and funny guy... my chart reads like a volume one and two (as I joked the other day with the office staff.) He is excellent and his staff cares and gets to know you by name. A great group of people with experience to back it up.

|  Julius used to be a good doctor, but not now  |  show details
by azrz on Mar 11th, 2010

John Julius at Desert Canyon Medicine is very conservative, if that's what you are looking for. He is friendly and will spend time talking to you, and usually won't deny writing prescriptions or referrals. Now for the negative: His staff is somewhat snooty and they are terrible about calling back. It's almost impossible to leave messages on his phone because their answering service is non-functional. Even more frustrating is that even is I ask his staff won't let me talk to him because they know they screwed up.The bottom line is that Julius is the boss and these office tyrants are running amok.Recently I had a very bad experience. Julius recommended me to a specialist just before Thanksgiving. I procrastinated because I didn't want to deal with it during the holiday season. Two months later I got a certified letter saying that he will no longer be my primary care physician. I called his office but the tyrannis in charge brushed me off and didn't care a bit about what happened or why - and wouldn't convey my message to Julius. She was very rude.When Julius gave me that referral he never indicated that there was a time limit, and neither did his nurse or office people. All I knew is that a referral was good for six months. I never received a single phone call from his office. The first time I knew about it was when I got the certified letter. This entire incident is very amateurish. It either shows that Julius is a lousy manager, or worse that he doesnt care about his patients. All of this is very Orwellian and it smacks of Big Brotherism because I actually don't think it's his business when or if I make an appointment with another doctor. So now I have to find another doctor because he and his staff were insensitive and lazy. I also suspect Julius is dumping people with insurance policies that he doesn't want to deal with. Bad! Bad! Bad!

|  This is the best physician I have ever had!  |  show details
by Josh on Dec 22nd, 2009

He is a wonderful doctor and is always fun to chat with. I don't plan on ever seeing any other physician. He's the best!

|  Thanks, I feel much better.  |  show details
by Claude Hepworth on Jul 13th, 2009

Dr Julius is the best, I have seen many doctors and he is one of the best I have ever known. why would you ever go anywhere else.

|  Outstanding doctor and staff!  |  show details
by Randy Brown on Oct 2nd, 2008

Amazing! Caring, prompt, available, thorough, accurate, private, personable, fun! Dr. Julius is the best doctor I've ever had (and unfortunately I've had many), and he's even a nice guy to boot! ;)

|  Best doctor!!  |  show details
by Janice on Aug 8th, 2008

I love both Dr Julius and the staff. Very friendly and fast appointments.

|  Family has been seeing thid doc for three years. Excellent choice.  |  show details
by Jean Farrell on Jun 23rd, 2008

Doc is thorough, appointments are scheduled fast. Makes you feel as if you're always getting specialized treatment, professional, personable, excellent bedside manner, answers all of your questions before you leave the office as much as he can. Staff is always accommodating, welcoming, and professional.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
by ReneelovesRed on May 10th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Julius is a good doctor that sits down and listens to what you have to say and is very friendly and personable. He makes you feel at ease and is good natured. I would recommend him to anyone I know.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com