Neurological Surgeons

540 W 5th St
Ste 320
Odessa, TX 79761
432-580-4700
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  show details
Oct 20th, 2012

He explained procedure and was very courteous as well as his staff. I have already recommended him to two friends and they were very satisfied also

|  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

I couldn't walk for a year but the last 6 monthsI couldn't drive, walk, or even clean my homeThan I found Dr.Dorman and he did my surgery And my life changed! I was walking same day!

|  a year later and still left leg pain  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

I went to Dr. Dorman bc my friend had surgery from him and although hers was not as extensive as mine she recovered well. Hers was a decompression while mine was a full blown fussion of two levels. My first surgery of L4/L5 went well, the pain in the right leg subsided and I was glad. However, immediatly following that surgery i started having pain in the left leg which i had never experianced before. I told Dr. Dorman and he immediatly said I need a second surgery to repair the l5/S1 level. I was very hesitant to have this done but my insurance was fixing to expire so I agreed. Two weeks exactly from my first i was in surgery again to fix the next level below. I still had that same pain as from before and let Dr. D know but his response this time was, "i have to give it time to heal" why wasn't that his answer after the first surgery why immediatly did he say surgery? I was diagnosing my self and recommended physical therapy for myself, he didn't. I attended that but it was really no help. I told Dr. dorman 8 months after surgery that I was still having pain. So, he ordered another MRI but without contrast. He then reviewed them and said, "everyhing looks fine and I don't think there is any thing else i can do so you need to see a pain managemnet Dr." I was faborgasted because I knew in my own body something was wrong. Just today, a year later from both surgeries i went to see a neurologist and he confirmed what I had a feeling of.... I now have severe nerve damage in my left leg and loosing muscle in my leg as well. Dr. Dorman didn't care what I had to say months ago when I complained about my pain and tingleness in my left leg. He could of easily ordered this nerve conduction test at that time but didn't. Luckily, I have medical experiance and have worked with some true spine surgeons and know what to look out for and ordered a nerve conduction test on my own, NO THANKS TO HIM!!!!! So, needless to say I will NOT be going back to him!!!!

|  Cold and cruel  |  show details
by In pain in Texas on Jan 24th, 2011

Dr. Dorman injured my spine for life by performing a faulty surgery. He could care less about my pain and suffering.Disabled for life at 42. Thanks doc.

|  No Help  |  show details
by Connie Griggs on Sep 22nd, 2009

Dr. Abijay referred me to Dr Dorman for Degenerative Disc Disease and a pinched nerve causing me severe muscle cramps. Dr Dorman couldn't 'see' a problem except for my Scoliosis which I had surgery for back in like 1975. Yet, Dr. Abijay pointed straight to the DDD and pinched nerve on my MRI! Dr. Dorman also said I should see a pain management Dr. for my muscle spasms! He's a joke.

|  Refusal on follow up needs  |  show details
by Carol Norton on Feb 26th, 2009

After my back surgery, I was in worse pain than before. After 1 or 2 followups, his staff told me that Dr. Dorman did not want to see me again. I made suggestion that perhaps new film might be helpful, was told by staff that he said if I were still in pain I should get referred to a pain management doctor.

|  He fixed me up like new!  |  show details