inactive

John Kim MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 14th, 2016
The best
We have been treated by Dr. Kim for 12 years and think of him as as a friend. His best trait is also his worst trait - he gives you all the time in the world to spill out your health issues which means he often gets backed up with patients. It also means things you had forgotten or thought unimportant pop up too so your whole health picture gets revealed. He then diagnoses treatment based on all that information. We think he's worth the wait.

October 22nd, 2015
Plenty of better options
Long story short: Go somewhere else. Too many better choices out there than to settle for Dr. John K Kim's services. I visited Dr. Kim for some stomach issues which he tried to diagnose. In the end though, I wound up paying a lot of money for a bunch of tests that came back negative; not his fault of course. In fact, Dr. Kim seemed pretty knowledgeable regarding my medical concerns. However, his office staff and unprofessional and horrendous billing practices completely ruined my experience, ultimately leading to a 2-star review. Upon arriving at the office, his staff (behind a window) were visibly arguing with one another, making for a very uncomfortable check-in process. To paint a picture, I was half expecting one or more of the receptionists to up and quit right then and there. So unprofessional; already questioning my decision to visit this practice. Fast forward to the billing process. Remember all those additional tests I had to get done? Well, those bills came and were paid months before I ever received a bill from Dr. Kim. In fact, it took over HALF A YEAR for his bill to arrive in my mailbox. I believe my insurance company received his bill just shy of 6 months after my visit (so, not even the insurance company's fault as some may suggest). So I decided to call Dr. Kim's office to discuss his bill, in hopes to perhaps get the bill lowered for his untimely and unprofessional billing practices. I have come to learn that his delayed billing process is not unique to my case. When I finally got a hold of a receptionist, language barriers were immediately clear and made for a verrrry frustrating conversation. Ultimately, Dr. Kim (who I never got to speak to directly) rejected any sort of bill reduction, so I offered to make a monthly payment plan. The receptionist claimed that my payment was too low, and that if I did not pay at least $50 a month, she threatened that they would contact a collection agency and get their money that way. There was no alternative. Then she said, "I have another call, okay? Thank you" and hung up. To bring this full circle, Dr. Kim himself seems like a friendly and competent doctor, however the experience as a whole (which has completely wiped out my health savings account), leaves MUCH to be desired. Just go somewhere else. There are seriously plenty of other quality doctors out there without the headache involved. Hope this helps.

October 8th, 2015
Caring Doc
I Love Dr. Kim! I used to live in the building and I could walk downstairs in my PJ's. He would always help me any way he could! My husband had to quit his job for medical reasons. So he would try to get me samples or coupons for prescriptions. He spends so much time with his patients and almost never turns someone away. Therefore the office is always runs late. My husband and I've always say in the office for hours! But he's well worth the wait! One of his nurses, David...he's the best too!!!

August 4th, 2015
One of the Best!
Dr. Kim is the kind of doctor you can trust. He's very kind and concerned. I really happy I found him.

June 18th, 2015
Great Doctor
When my primary care physician left town ~10 yrs ago, he recommended Dr. John Kim. He has been terrific over those years. When needed, he has referred me to top-notch specialists (e.g., a spinal surgeon). He spends time answering questions - never seems rushed. I like him a lot!

May 25th, 2015
Prescription
His office is a walking distance from my house so very convenient. No issue so far with his staffs. However, every time I go for visit , you wait an hour to see the Dr but the Dr does not even spent 10 min with his patient. he seems always in a rash. He loves his prescription pad and uses it excessively at least in my experience.

August 28th, 2014
Bad Customer Service from Staff
Telephone inquiries frequently result in long hold times - with staff that can hardly speak English. Repeated inquiries on the same issue necessitating repeated explanations taking up unnecessary time for all concerned.Totally unacceptable on any level.

July 19th, 2014
Long time patient.
I have been going to Dr. Kim for about 7 years. I have been to others Dr.s in the past with the same problem before Dr. Kim he diagnosed my problem the first visit. And I have been hooked every since. Love him and majority of the staff.

July 9th, 2014
Dr. John Kim - A rare breed in today's world of mass medicine
I have been a patient for about 10 years......Dr. Kim is very comprehensive, giving of his time, and looks at the big picture. He is truly an enlightened doctor, blending old school common sense and a wonderful bedside manner with a knowledge of new information regarding more healthful ways and means to address conditions rather than just telling you to take another Rx pill. Every pharmacist I have seen have just smiled and said "you are one of the lucky ones" having Dr. Kim .....

December 19th, 2013
Superb Physician
Dr. Kim has been my primary care physician for a number of years. He is a highly competent and caring medical professional who will take as much time as needed with you to ensure that you are satisfied as a patient and that your diagnosis is thorough and accurate. I could not be more pleased. Dr. Kim has endured considerable staff turnover over the years but I think the current staff is most cordial and efficient. I have no complaints and hope my wife will soon switch doctors and become a patient of Dr. Kim.

January 16th, 2013
he misdiagnosed my cancer for years. now i have stage 3 cancer and will die from it. i could have been cured.

March 31st, 2012
Best doctor I've had in many years. Spends time. Listens. Very good diagnostician.