Dr. John Nichols Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. John Nichols?

Professional and Knowledgeable

Posted on September 15th, 2016

Dr. Nichols and his staff have been nothing short of helpful and professional, both in person and on the telephone, every time I had dealings with them. Dr. Nichols is very educated in his field and has helped me greatly. I heartily recommend Dr. Nichols!

Posted on August 13th, 2016

like one review said no bedside manner, and is jacked up on something plus ego..

Posted on July 8th, 2016

Dr. Nichols was very thorough in his exam & had already reviewed all of my medical records prior to my appointment. He was able to find & fix my problem that multiple other doctors hadn't been able to do. His staff were the most friendly & competent I've seen in a long time. During my procedure, everything was explained & I felt very comfortable & very well taken care of. It's unfortunate that some can get on review sites & bash good doctors.

Posted on July 8th, 2016

Very good doctor! Been going to Dr. Nichols for 15 years

Posted on May 12th, 2016

Very rude doctor, with absolutely no regard for his patients. I have never had a doctor talk to me the way he did.

Unprofessional

Posted on January 9th, 2016

This man was not only rude but unprofessional. I also work in the medical field and would never speak to a patient in the way he spoke to me. He did not explain the procedure and acted as if I was wasting his time. He became angry with me at one point and I felt as if he were taking it out on me. I could not finish the test to which he stated that I must be just faking my issue. He stormef out with my mouth open and tears running down my face. I'm not a pill seeker nor wanting disability!

Superior

Posted on June 29th, 2015

Superior Physician. Incredibly competent.

Posted on March 15th, 2015

Great MD. Great staff. Very satisfied with treatment. No need to travel outside of cookeville for spine care

Waste of time.

Posted on December 4th, 2014

Had no interest in correctly diagnosing my condition. His preconception was that my pain was from my lower back when in fact I need a hip replacement. When his treatment was not effective he told me I didn't appear to be in severe pain because I was able to walk in on my own power and the condition would probably resolve itself on its own. I'm sorry I didn't read these reviews before I let him treat me. A kid with Google search could have done as well with the diagnosis.

What a Great Dr for me he stopped my back pain for 5 years

Posted on January 26th, 2014

I have went to Dr, Nichols for 6 years before I had to give into surgery and the surgeon he recommended was the best. It has been 5 years from my back surgery and now I am starting to have some back pain agian. I hope that I can see him agian and start the injections to stop the pain and get me off pain medication. I would highly recomend him to family and friends. He even helped me in physical therapy just after he had neck surgery.Now I know where he has moved his practice to I will be calling for an appointment.

Avoid this "Doctor"

Posted on January 10th, 2014

I had been having a lot of low back pain so I got an MRI and scheduled an appointment with Mr. Nichols at Tier 1 in Cookeville, TN. I was taken to the exam room about 30 minutes after my appointment time, which was really uncomfortable for me due to pain while sitting or standing. I laid on the table for another 10 minutes before he came into the room. This guy has no bedside manner. One star is too much for him on bedside manner. He's jacked up on something- Redbulls, coffee, cocaine, something. He was definitely in a hurry to get out of the room. He did not seem to have any interest in anything except determining my basic symptoms and telling me my two choices: epidural shot or surgery. I told him the reason I came to him was that I was hoping he could help guide me in that decision by actually looking at my MRI and showing me what the problem was. I asked him if he even looked at the MRI and he claimed he had, but I am certain he was lying to me because there is no way he would have had time to do that. All he did was read the radiologist's report that was with the MRI disk and go along with that. It was a convenient shortcut for him. I expressed my concern that the radiologist had overlooked a problem with the L5-S1 disk(In the end the radiologist did concede that something was overlooked). With this guy if you don't go along with the program or if you show any sign of questioning him or knowing more than the average person he will take a very defensive and pushy stance with you. He told me that he did not diagnose images and that you couldn't tell anything from MRI images. Then he goes into this ridiculous analogy that went something like this: Suppose I show you a picture of a phone, what can you tell me about that phone? Can you tell if the phone is ringing? At that point I knew I wasn't going to get the help I needed. He might have been in the room with me for five minutes. He wrote an order for an epidural shot but there is no way I would let this clown do any kind of work on me. I have had good doctors and I think most people know what they want in a doctor. This guy is not it. I wish I had done some more research before making an appointment with him. As you can see with others who have written reviews here, "Dr." Nichols is someone you would want to avoid for your healthcare needs if at all possible.

Dr. Nichols' huge ego gets in the way of focused medical attention

Posted on July 30th, 2013

As you will find in several other reviews, this doctor has quite an inflated sense of self importance. His level of talent as a physician is also debateable. He tends to follow "progressive" treatments (often with controversial methods) assessing patients' condition with a one size fits all mentality based on the latest medical fad that he has adopted. I think it's safe to say that many might consider him a bit of a quack. Unfortunately, any progressive medical insight he might have is lost on his incredible arrogance, his disdain for those who dare question him, his condescending tone, and his disregard for opposing medical perspectives. If you choose to proceed, then do so with caution. Do your homework.