Dr. John Kagan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3
  • 16 reviews

May 18th, 2016
The only orthopedic I would go to.

May 2nd, 2016
Awesome doctor

August 30th, 2015
Clearly the best-orthopedic surgeon in Southwest Florida
I have had multiple surgeries from Dr. Kagan I am his biggest fan I would recommend all and any one to make sure if they want it done right go see Dr. Kagan

January 8th, 2015
Reading the review below saddens me that someone can say such untrue words about a Dr. who saved my life. I have been a patient of Dr. Kagan's for 4 years and during a pre-op examination, he had me rushed to the emergency room because he believed I had a pulmonary embolis and he was right. It is unfortunate to hear any but praise when it comes to John Kagan, the man and the physician! If you love your family, you should send them to John Kagan. And yes, his wait is long, but that's what happens when you see the best- he is worth the wait!

January 7th, 2015
Physician and friend
Dr. John Kagan has been a dream to my family and I. He has been working with our family for over 15 years and there is no other doctor that cares for my well-being as much as John. When you're a patient of his, you're a patient for life.

December 26th, 2014
Mismanaged timeline
I had my first appt. And had to wait 2 hours to see Dr. Kalgan. Thought it was just a glitch in scheduling or that he had an emergency. Next appt. Was for 1:00 and didn't get to see his " PA " until 3:30!!! Finally saw Dr. At 4:00, after a three hour wait. No excuses why I had to wait for such an inordinate time. Would not go back because if he cannot manage his time with patients so that he can spend the appropriate length of time with them, then what does that say about any of his management skills?

May 5th, 2014
The greatest doctor on this planet , I am not kidding
Unfortunately ,I have had several major surgeries due to an automobile , but before the accident Dr. Kagan gave me a new hip replacement, I was 43 at the time and I had legg calve perthes so my hip always gave me trouble from childhood. I currently live in Miami and I sure miss Dr. Kagan, his talent as a surgeon are only surpass by his kindness and humanity. He is a credit to his race, the human race. " God bless you sir.

September 15th, 2013
Stay far, far away ! My father had hip surgery done by this doctor. The surgery was unsuccessful and my Dad suffered with pain for several months. He needed to have his hip redone. I encouraged him to see a different doctor, but my Dad trusted him. He received such poor post-op care that he developed a pressure sore on his lower leg under a brace that was prescribed 24 hours a day. He was diabetic and had little feeling in his lower legs. He developed a pressure sore in his lower leg and the brace was never removed to allow his lower leg to be checked; not even by this doctor at follow up appt's. The sore became infected and it got into his bone. Ultimately, the infection spread and the strong antibiotics they had to put him on shut down his kidneys. My Dad suffered at the end of his life. It was preventable. This doctor did not care enough to do thorough exams at his appointments. My Dad died on Christmas Day. Not one word from this doctor. If you love your family, go to someone else.

January 31st, 2013
Good luck trying to contact this Doctor... They don't even answer the phone and you keep hearing their stupid message and then they connect you only to a machine to leave a message..

August 15th, 2012
Dr. Kagen has perated on me twice. Once for my shoulder and once for my knee, I will be going back in for my hips soon. I love this guy and have had great results with both surgeries. DR. Kagen is very laid back and down to earth, I never feel rushed with him but the fact is he doesn't have much time to spend with you, I get it and accept this and do my best do get to the point and help him get to business. The downside is the office visits.....the wait in the main reception area has averaged an hour or two on all appointments, once I was there for three hours! The surgery center IS a production line but that is what it is and I have had great results. I like the guy, he's professional and kind with great bedside manner.....he's always busy but you wouldn't know it by his demeanor. I wouldn't want to want his hat or walk a mile in his shoes, because of this and the results I have received I forgive the wait.

May 21st, 2012
technically good, but assembly line process, not open to improvements or changes that would affect his "system", perhaps a little arrogant (even for a surgeon), definitely not for everybody

April 9th, 2012
Gets the problem solved
Dr. john kagan has been my doctor on several occasions and always has been very professional and solves my problem with great results each time.