A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Kao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Kao is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kao
Deep Vein Thrombosis Patient Education Learn all about symptoms and treatments for deep vein thrombosis by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kao Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Kao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Kao graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Kao has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Green Hospital
- Straub Clinic and Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John A Kao MD is a male Internist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. John A. Kao practice?
- Dr. John Kao has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Kao practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Aiea, HI.
Additional practice locations include: La Jolla, CA.
See Aiea Internists and Aiea Cardiologists.