Family Practitioner

778 Main St
Ste 1
South Portland, ME 04106
207-775-7758
Locations and availability (2)

|  B.A.S., Soc.Sci.  |  show details
by Jeanelle Merrill-Pyy on Feb 28th, 2014

Dr. John E. Kazilionis was my doctor from after my birth in people1980 until he left his practice in the 90's. The man was more then a Dr. to me, he was like family, and my hero. I will never forget how he always took the time to reallylisten to me, he never rushed me and was explain always thorough in his evaluation. He took the time to explain things to me. Kaz left his practice when insurance companies began dictating patients care, rather then physicians, and lives were lost. This man saved my life when I was a teen! He allowed my mother to bring me in before office hours, I was so ill. I had been sent home the Friday before from the er by a doctor who did not prescribe me any antibiotics for a severe case of mono that I should have been hospitalized at the er! When I entered Kaz's office that morning I was crying from the weakness, pain, and effort to move-yet I was so dehydrated no tears were falling. I could not hold my head up. My temp was so high I should have been dead, but I was not. Kaz thought mom was lying about me not being given antibiotics, and had my er report brought in. His first call was impressive-The hospital was to open a bed for me stat-And his second even more impressive...He chased out the person on the other end for sendin a 13 year old little girl home when aids victims had better looking blood work. Kaz visited me personally @ least 2 times a day-usually 3, during my stay-which was very extended-at least 2 weeks if my memory serves right. One day he came in and I could actually keep my eyes open, and I told him my belly hurt and was bumpy and hot. I had told the nurses but they never even looked. Kaz did-and sent me down for a scan STAT. My internal organs had swollen and were close to bursting. I wouldn't be here today if it was not for this incredible man. He truly cares for his patients. More Drs. should be like him-We are not inanimate objects-and there is more then one thing symptoms can mean....Kaz bucks the system to investigate all possible routes and get the correct diagnosis-saving lives, time and even in the long run-$. A true practitioner of the healing arts!

|  One of the best doctors I have ever met.  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Kazilionis for about 10 years. I chose him based on his location. I could not have been luckier. He has always been right on top of any medical problem I have had. It does not matter if it is something simple or complicated, he has made all the right diagnosis. I can't imagine going anywhere else. If Dr. Kazilionis gets to read these reviews I would like to say to him, Thank you!

|  Poor Office Support  |  show details
by Casey on Apr 20th, 2009

I feel I need to write this review as I feel that the office support for Dr.Kazilionis is not good at all. At first things were good, then I was told, on a Thursday, that they would fax over some paperwork to my workplace for my condition, I called my work and they had not received the paperwork, so I call the office back and they said it was faxed at 4pm on Thursday, we are now into Friday. So they say they will re-fax case closed?..no I get a call back at the end of the day saying they are going to charge me to fill out the paperwork, 15$ is what you will pay to get paperwork done by this office. So I call the Dr as I was suspicious of this charge as I was never told of this added "fee". I asked the Dr if this was correct as I was not told about this and he became "excited" from my question and explained it to me, I said I understood the call was ended. Ive been out of work for a month now I need to go onto disability and the Dr has had my paperwork since April 10th today being April 20th, in addition to my April 10th visit I was surprised that one of the office staff came over quickly to the front counter and said he needs to pay 15$ for that paperwork, I stated yes I think I'm up to about 45 dollars now, this one girl says "excuse me, what did you say? 2 times to me while I was sitting down creating some tension for me. I have called multiple times throughout the week, and each time I was told the Dr is busy he will get to it when he can and they will leave a note for him. So today I called in and I was greeted with a "Hi" I introduced myself and asked if the disability paperwork had been done yet, this time they asked for my phone number and said they will look into it and call me back. Meanwhile I haven't gotten paid in close to a month now, and I'm still waiting for the paperwork. Ive been in customer support for 10 years and if I were to treat clients like that I wouldn't have a job. I realize a Dr office is busy but I've explained the urgency of these 2 pieces of paper that I desperately need filled out as I have no money, I feel they could care less.

Doctor's Response

This patient came to me for the first time in March 2009. He had seen other health care providers for this issue since it began in October 2008. They did not help him. I made the correct diagnosis on the first visit at my office on 3/13/09. I confirmed it with tests and on 3/20 he was referred to a specialist. He presented the form to my recepionst on 4/10/09. It was completed in the order in which such forms are presented to me. It was completed on the seventh business day. I receive numerous forms per week, each of which is important to the patient. It is the unfortunate reality of life that physicians cannot always complete forms immediately due to patient care responsibilities. As it pertains to the $15.00 fee for completing the form, it required retreiving information from the file, completion of the form and review for accuracy. It took about 1/2 hour. I do not understand why some people expect physicians to work to complete forms for no cost, when they are willing to pay attorneys $125-$150 per hour to complete paperwork. Do they disrespect my professional time that much. It is unfortunate that Casey chose to slur me in a public forum without presenting all of the facts accurately or competely.