A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Kern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Kern is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kern
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kern Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Kern, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Fibromuscular Dysplasia
- Heart Failure
- Iliac Aneurysm
- Marfan Syndrome
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Varicose Veins
Education & Awards
Dr. Kern graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Kern has 6 hospital affiliations:
- UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Martha Jefferson Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John A Kern MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John A. Kern practice?
- Dr. John Kern has 1 office location.
Dr. John Kern practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Surgeons.