Family Practitioner
2365 Edison Blvd
Ste 400
Twinsburg, OH 44087
330-425-4047
Locations and availability (5)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Top Notch  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2011

Having lengthy medical issues at a fairly young age and have seen many Dr.'s in the past 4 years, Dr. Kocka hands down is the best. A good balance of traditional, conservative approach with a vast knowledge of new approaches and ideas. He spends quality time with me making sure I understand everything. I brought my insurance card and have never had an issue, because I came prepared. Only have seen him and his great staff 3-4 times so far, but nothing short of top notch care by all.

|  Younger Doctor With Old School Values  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2011

I saw Dr. Kocka for about a year when I was living in the greater Cleveland area. He has a great "old school" manner of speaking with his patients. He listens and he communicates in a way that you can understand. He never talked down to me in my experieince with him and he always asked lost of questions regarding my health as his patient.I really liked Dr. Kocka and would highly recommend him to others who may need the services of a doctor who can serve both your general health needs and also recommend courses of action for a healthier and better lifestyle.

|  show details
Jan 23rd, 2011

Dr. Kocka respects you as a patient and allows you to participate and make decisions in your plan of care. He is conservative and does not push prescription medications. Dr Kocha is very knowledgeable regarding vitamins and supplements to promote good health.

|  Great Job  |  show details
May 13th, 2010

I always have been traeted great every time i have come in to the office. Makes me feel like iam his only patient the time he gives me. Thank You Very Much. Kevin Farkas

|  Thorough and Professional  |  show details
May 12th, 2010

Dr. Kocka takes the time to understand and listen to patients needs, unlike many of todays physicians who overbook and see as many patients as possible.I highly recommend Dr. Kocka, and have done so to many of my friends

|  Dr. Kocka and Staff  |  show details
by Michael Dudich on May 12th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Kocka for many years, I have always been treated with the utmost respect and kindness by him and his staff. They go that extra mile to help. I have been to the Cleveland Clinic and the first questions they ask is what is your clinic # not your name your #. At Dr. Kocka's office your a person not a #.

|  A totally different opinion  |  show details
by Sandra DeBow on May 12th, 2010

When I go to see my physician, first I know my responsibility is to check to see if I have the correct ins. card, and I am also responsible for any co-pay at the time of the visit, both are done prior to my appt. I have seen Dr. Kocka several times, and was treated with compassion, respect & friendliness by both Dr. Kocka & his staff. I think most patients do not realize that they have the responsibility to provide the correct ins info. I would never walk into Best Buy without showing the method of payment. Dr's do earn the right to be paid for their services, why did this upset you? I have no problem with presenting my correct ins coverage for any medical or dental service I am given. Dr. Kocka is a devoted physican, and does give his patients both the time and effort for their medical care. He is very easy to talk to and does not walk out of the room before all of my questions are answered. Very few doctors let you leave their office with this much information.

|  Premeir Clinic  |  show details
by Chris Dinasky on May 12th, 2010

I was impressed with the extra time the doctor spent with me, and his ability to communicate in a manner that was easy to understand.The staff was courteous and professional.

|  Individualized care  |  show details
May 12th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Kockas for several years now. I use his services for general well visits and management of allergies and asthma. I am always greeted in a professional manner and treated with the utmost respect. Dr. Kocka is one of the few doctors who will take the time to treat every patient as an individual. He will take the time to listen to your concerns and come up with an individualized course of treatment. I think this is a very important and unique characteristic in this day of the mega hospitals who treat you as a number. I feel Dr Kocka and his staff are passionate about medicine and helping people. As for the Horrible Staff reviewer: One should be prepared when going to a doctors appointment. Based on her comments, it was she who did not have the proper insurance card and did not even know who her insurer was. Some people refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

|  Meticulous with Manners  |  show details
by Dottie Walton on May 12th, 2010

My overall experience with Dr. Kocka has been positive. Other doctors have either rushed me out, been obsessed with height and weight tables, or just been cranky about seeing. With a chronic condition, I have to go see a doctor frequently and routinely, so having a friendly face is a nice benefit. He has always been patient, honest, thorough, and actually LISTENED to me. My well-being and health is a priority for him and all those at his practice.

|  horrible staff  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2010

I went to see Dr. Kocka about high blood pressure. I had one of my insurance cards but realized my daughter had the other. They refused to let me see the doctor until the insurance issues were worked out even though it was obvious I was covered. I had to call my husband at work to find out who was our primary insurer. When I pointed out, I had never been told and asked what the formula was - they had no idea. My bp went up just dealing with the staff. They made it clear that getting paid not helping patients was the priority. When I tried to get my insurance card back to go somewhere else, they would not return it to me! So, I was held hostage by this office. I ended up in tears! At the same time, every other patient was a middle aged man coming in for some type of shot. They didn't see the doctor. This is some type of middle aged scam. Former body builder will help the aging - something he has yet to experience. Sorry, going to the Cleveland Clinic from now on. Horrible experience. Stay away from this man. His priorities are just wrong.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry I never got the opportunity to see you. Sounds like your main issue was surrounding your insurance card. None of us in medicine like dealing with insurance but it is a necessary evil. It is the patients responsibility to bring their insurance card to their first appointment because we have never seen you before, this is typical of a first visit at any medical clinic. Respectfully, I would reserve comments about patients coming in for nurse's visits without knowing what services were being provided.