A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Kona:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Kona is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kona
Knee Replacement Patient Education Read our knee replacement patient education guide and learn all about surgery and replacement options.Before Visiting Dr. Kona Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Kona, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Kona graduated from Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk.
Dr. Kona has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Williamsburg Community Hospital
- Riverside Walter Reed Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Andrew Kona MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John A. Kona practice?
- Dr. John Kona has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Kona practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Franklin, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Farmville, VA.
See Franklin Surgeons.