Dr. John Kosty Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Kosty?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 21st, 2015

tx1836

Xrayed hand. Commented that there was very little arthritis in hand "for my age". Never received diagnosis, only prescription for anti-inflammatory gel costing $150 for a month's supply!

April 24th, 2015

Not a happy patient!

The overall wait time was not very long, but the actual time he spent with me was even shorter. He failed to explain anything to me, and came into the room and immediately started pressing my injury and twisting it! He was attempting to explain while putting me through pain, but I was unable to focus on what he was saying. I asked him to please stop pressing and twisting, I needed a minute due to the surprise. I was not expecting him to come in and start doing that. I have never broken anything, and would have loved an explanation of what he was about to do before he just started gravbing and twisting. So when I asked him to hold on and give me a minute, he did not stop what he was doing. I asked a second time and he just let go and walked away! Then I was informed by the lady doing the casting that they would be putting a cast on and then she called in a younger Dr to hold my injury in place. He took the time that Dr. Kosty did not to explain what he was doing and why. Things were okay after I received that explanation. I never saw Dr. Kosty again. Nor did I recieve anything for pain. The overall reason for my 2 star review is the lack of bedside manner and explanation. So, yes the length of the appointment is short, but after it's said and done, I felt like they just rushed me along. All of my questions remain unanswered and I am in a lot of pain.

February 17th, 2015

Awesome Doctor took care of my hand very quick

July 23rd, 2013

Dr. Kosty is a man of few words. He did not explain what exactly my diagnosis was. He just immediately stated that I needed surgery. He did not explain the plan of care. I received steroid injections in hands and was told i would have more pain for 24 to 48 hours afterwards. Had to call office for pain meds as none was given to me. His nurse stated that he was in surgery in the afternoons and that I needed to go to the E.R..I was unable to move my hands for 4 days due to extreme pain (steroid had crystallized in hands). There was no call back or follow up appt. to see how I was doing. Will not be going back to this MD.

May 10th, 2010

Dr. was ok, not great

He examed my hand/wrist, did not say very much at all, didn't even ask or recommend anything for pain or an anti imflammatory, told me I had a sprain or strained tendon, didn't even recommend a follow up to make sure it would be ok.

May 16th, 2017