Dr. John Kozak MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Phoenix, AZ

May 12th, 2016
AHWATUKEE Sport & Spine dr. Kozak
Dr. Kozak is by far one of the best spine doctors I've ever dealt with. I kept having Physicians telling me that MRI reports are saying there's nothing wrong with me except for a couple little minor things and I'm not in the kind of pain I really am and it was all in my head no matter how many times I kept arguing and fighting for my health and my life. He did not read the reports. He took the CDs that I had in my hand looked at the CD's himself came back into the room and told me that I'm not crazy and here is why you're in pain and you truly are in pain because of your family's history and genetic hereditary DDD has kicked in. Since then we have been aggressively as fast as possible addressing the issues that DDD causes. I'm not broken down enough to be cut into buy an actual surgeon but I'm definitely breaking down on my exterior facet joints which is crushing my nerves which is causing all the pain I'm in. We've done several RFA'S including ones that are not covered by my insurance company what's the cost is not cheap but I don't want to hurt anymore and a lot of this has helped. We have a long way to go yet but he literally attacks the issue. He does not hymn abd haww add it and play games. He gives a great amount of care about his patients and wants to help you get better and not play games in the process. His office staff are just as awesome and just as amazing. His cohorts are the same. I've been in Dire Straits with my back for very long time and I'm finally starting to get relief. The only drawback is that he does not do the pain medication side which is causing issues for me because all the other spine specialist groups want me to walk away from an amazing doctor and have their spine doctors touching my back for continuity of care to be able to give me my pain medication until I get through what we're doing. I cannot and will not walk away from dr. Kozak. He is aggressively trying everything to help me and I trust no one with my spine for procedures like he's doing on my back right now. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because I cannot find the Pain Management Group the coordinate with dr. Kozak script for my pain medicine at this point. Besides that this is an amazing group and I would send anyone and everyone to them. They don't mess around. They go straight for the root cause and resolve it as fast as possible.

September 19th, 2011
Outstanding doctor and staff. Extremely knowledgeable on treatment of post polio syndrome, parsonage-turner syndrome, and a host of arthritis issues in joints. Every diagnosis and solution for my issues has been right-on.

September 15th, 2011
Bad Penny
I have been to many doctors for recurrent spine problems. Dr. Kozak is the only one that I have not found to be "shot happy." Every steroid injection he has given me has been discussed with the decision being made by me. He listens & helps point me in the right direction when my problems are beyond the scope of his practice. He is very knowledgable and very kind. Love his laugh.

September 14th, 2011
My favorite doctor!!!
He's kind, compassionate, caring and an excellent physician. I've yet to come across a doctor and entire staff that cares about their patients as much as his office does. He's allowed me to avoid knee surgery and kept my pain managable for the past 4 years. I'd recommend him to anyone. I love Dr. Kozak.

July 24th, 2011
I love Dr. Kozak
I've been seeing Dr. Kozak for over 10 years now. He's an amazing physician. His colleague, Michael Sweeten, PA-C is excellent as well. I wouldn't trust my rehab needs to any other physician. He's east coast trained... something desirable in any doctor for the way they are taught. In fact, I have a team of doctors all east coast taught. Dr. Kozak is Excellent!

October 27th, 2010
trusted doctor
My back and I have had a long term positive relationship with Dr. Kozak. He listens, diagnoses and takes care of his patients with kindness that almost does not exsist any longer. I would reccommend him to all.

August 10th, 2010
wonderful doctor
dr.kozak is truly a wonderful doctor.

Health Guides