Surgical Specialist
Video profile
3320 Colorado Blvd
Denton, TX 76210
940-382-6757
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Pathology Assitant  |  show details
by Cindy Bird on Aug 28th, 2014

My family has trusted Dr. Kristoferson since he first opened his practice. We fully trust his medical expertise. I wouldn't trust any other orthopedic in the area with my family or friends. He has operated on many family members as well as friends and they have all been pleased with the success of their surgeries. He is considerate, patient, and knowledgeable with his speciality. He has the most amazing staff and ANY time I have needed their assistance they were very friendly and quick to help. The entire group is very caring and compassionate. The BEST orthopedic group around hands down. I wish I had the option to give all questions a five star rating. Four isn't enough!

|  Workers Comp Claiments BEWARE!!!!  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2012

If you are a patient whose injuries are NOT based on workers compensation, I would recommend Dr. Kristoferson. However, if your injuries are due to a workers compensation claim...DO NOT USE DR. KRISTOFERSON!!! HIS AIM IS TO BENEFIT YOUR WORK COMP CARRIER. If you have any possibility of using another provider, do it!

|  Best Doctor Ever!  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2012

Dr. Kristoferson has performed 2 major surgeries on me. I had fractured my hip and he performed surgery which was very serious. He also did a complete knee replacement on the same side of my body as my fractured hip. He is such a great surgeon. It is because of him that I am able to have great mobility today. I am 58 years old. Dr. Kristoferson is very professional and excellent at what he does. He is very direct and to the point, which I really like. Every time I meet with him; he remembers everything about me without having to look in my chart. I think he is remarkable and would highly recommend him to anyone. I would not go to any other Orthopedic surgeon for knee or hip issues. I think he has performed two miracles on me.

|  OKay not Great!  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2011

I have had knee problems for years and was 40lbs overweight. I injured my knee and saw him for a second opinion after my first orthopedic doctor thought my problem was weight related. He took an MRI. I had a meniscus tear and he recommended arthroscopy. He was really great about giving me all the information about having the surgery and recovery, but he did not recommend physical theapy for this type of surgery. I did't know that I may need it and didn't question him about it! He told me I needed to loose the weight to help with my knee recovery and health. I scheduled the surgery the next week. I wasn't real happy with his bedside manner, but had heard he was a good surgeon. A week after the surgery I went in to have the stitches removed which the nurse did. He came in asked how I was doing...I said good, but still having problems straighting my knee completly. He said exercising on the bike or pool will help that. I question if I needed PT...he said, "NO, a waist of my insurance and money!" I thought okay...he is the doctor, he should know. Also, he didn't even look, touch, or examine my knee. My knee was swollen which is normal, but I was concerned that he didn't checked my knee. Of course, I didn't say anything and I didn't think anymore about it. Four weeks later, I was still not able to completely straighten my knee and still having problems walking so I went in to see him. He again didn't touch or exam my knee. He said, It was still healing and it will be another month before I may be back to normal. AGAIN, I asked about PT. He didn't recommend it and discussed I may need shots and he gave me the information on that. I told him I would wait on that and left his office. Again his bedside manner was BAD!Because of my concerns with my knee function, I had been talking with other people that had the same surgery with other doctors and had PT. They were back to normal within two months after surgery. Finally, I knew my knee was not getting better so I call his office and DEMANDED I have PT. My insurance covers it, why not try and see if it will help. At my first PT appointment I found out that I only have two months to get movement/function back in my knee and after that I would have problems for the rest of my life!! I was so mad/usset. Dr. Kristopherson should KNOW that PT is an important part of your knee recovery. HE JUST DIDN'T CARE AND HAS VERY BAD PATIENT BEDSIDE MANNER!!! IF YOU DO GO TO HIM, INSIST ON THE PHYSICAL THEAPY. YOU COULD LOOSE THE FUNCTION OF YOUR JOINTS! WHY PAY FOR A HALF A$$ JOB. Good Luck, Ask questions and DEMAMD PT!! I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO HIM!!