Overall Review

August 2nd, 2016
I had adult acne several years ago. It was devastating. I didn't have health insurance, and I owned a dayspa at the time! Dr. Kwon signed me up for the accutane testing they were doing at the time. It changed my life. I still had to pay cash for all my labs, but I would never have been able to afford the treatment without his help. It really did change my life. I never have to wear makeup now. (maybe I should, lol) but with clear skin, I never feel the need to hide my face. Since then my nephew and my daughter have both been patients at his office and had great results! I wouldn't recommend anyone else!

November 5th, 2015
If you want a thorough exam don't come here
Strangest,most incomplete dermatology experience I ever had. He doesn't come near you to inspect your skin, doesn't turn on a lamp despite a floor lamp beside the exam table. You'd THINK he might want to have a real good look at your skin, but no. Claims the hand-held flashlight is enough, yet he only turns it on if he thinks he needs to yet , like I said, he starts off with just average room light and no exam light. I'm saying why not come closer and turn on the EXAM LAMP for a REAL GOOD INSPECTION. Instead he has a smarmy attitude about the idea going slower. I left not feeling as if I'd had a decent exam and I plan on seeing a new doctor. He even asked ME what was up with one of my moles....so why didn't he tell me we should biopsy it ? He asked ME why it was a certain color. Bedside manner is a complete joke, he's rude. I felt like a specimen instead of a patient, and a specimen he couldn't be bothered with. Spent most of the time about 5 feet away from me, and spends an average of only 10 minutes per patient. Will not biopsy anything the same day, {I know from asking, not because he mentioned a biopsy, yet with his lousy,too-quick "exam" how would he know if I needed a biopsy or not ???}. Is too blase' and thinks he can tell all about your moles even while standing away from you by several feet. I had to point out a few things on my face because he couldn't see them from where he stood !

October 30th, 2015
Bad diagnosis
After several visits it turned out that my husband was allergic to one of his meds and not "pre cancer" .....really bad call.......

June 25th, 2015
Sign your rights away.... 7 pages of legal jargon , pricing what's that?
Too many disclaimers. 7 legal pages, you cannot post a review without giving the office intellectual property rights, copyrights, on written, pictorial and or electronic commentary. The office wants to charge you for missed appointments but you don't get to charge them for waiting, rescheduling. The office considers malpractice claims merit less and frivolous, wow that opinion tells me a lot about the doctor, legal staff and office procedures. When I asked the cost of the elective procedures I wanted the assistant did not know, just said they will bill my insurance company again I mentioned that everything I want is a elective and the insurance company will not pay. Business manager came in told me I HAD to sign off all all their paperwork which also includes telling you who to use as an expert witness if you do file a merit less and frivolous claim against Aura, Derma tology, Dr. Kwon. Too many Med Spas, many many other dermatologists. I left never to return.

May 1st, 2014
The doctor knows his stuff. It is obvious people with negative reviews don't understand how doctor visits work. Pretty straight forward doc.

September 22nd, 2013
Great results thanks to the PA
I saw the Physician's Assistant Cassandra Shore recently about a persistent bug bite. Cassandra was extremely helpful and prescribed a steroid cream which worked wonderfully. I took the opportunity to ask what she would recommend to diminish the appearance of scars, as I have a prominent scar from a biopsy. She prescribed a cream that gave me fantastic results. I'm so glad that I saw Cassandra; she was incredibly professional and knowledgeable, and I would highly recommend her.

September 10th, 2013
Highly recommend the PA
I have been a long time patient of Derma and Aura. I have seen Dr. Kwon and recently started going to see Cassandra PA for numerous skin conditions. I've had surgery, fillers, among I have never ever had a problem with eiter of them. My whole family goes there and we all love it. I am so glad that Dr. Kwon finally got a female to help him out with his schedule since recently it has been so hard to get in to see him. I absolutely love love Cassandra!! She is not only stunning but also very smart and knows her stuff when it comes to skin care and anything that has to do with Dermatology. I was so upset to see the negative reviews especially ones criticizing her looks. Are you freaking kidding me??!!! These two clowns are criticizing a former beauty pageant winners looks?! Since when is looking absolutely gorgeous a negative thing. I would much rather be seen by a provider who looks good then by one who looks like they were in a train wreck. Give me a break. First of all these two idiots need to get their facts straight, not only about insurance, but also about how a medical office works. Its disgusting that because of these two people whom I assume call themselves men, a beautiful and talented young lady's medical rep may be ruined. I sincerely hope that whoever takes the time to review Cassandra also takes the time to read ALL her reviews and not just the negative ones.

August 19th, 2013
I went to look up Dr. Kwon's address for my appointment and was shocked when I saw only 3 stars. Dr. Kwon has turned my life around! I had horrible skin which severely damaged my self-esteem. I'm a mom of 3 and was walking around with skin worse than a teenager. I was recommended to Dr. Kwon and I refer everyone I know to him. He cleared up my skin,and has removed skin cancer for me. He is a great Doctor! He is always kind and courteous, and its very easy to tell how much he cares about his patients. I would highly recommend, and do recommend him to all of my friends and family.

June 22nd, 2013
not satisfied
Definitely would not refer! This DOCTOR has a very rude demeanor. He attempts to get you back in office for spots that are not covered on insurance by stating it may be melanoma. Then when biopsy returns it is not and you will be charged by insurance. This doctor needs to be reviewed by the Insurance board for malpractice

Great doctor and staff
One of the best experiences with a doctor's office. Friendly staff and prompt timing.

Great staff & Great atmosphere
Dr.Kwon and his staff are very professional, they make every visit as great as your first one. At every appointment you are educated on you progress a ...

Friendly, trustworthy, helpful.